Close

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast
    I am diggin those bumper clips

Day 3 of the Teardown

Well spent the afternoon tearing down the shortblock and cleaning all the stuff...
    Well i let the pics do the talking.
    Enjoy!!

Journal #1

Journal #4

Journal #2

Journal #3

Piston 1

Piston 2

Piston 3

Piston 4

Last edited by monjarassi; 09-07-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Damn man, that #2 rod bearing got FUCKED!

I wonder if you ever had a bad detonation or pre-ignition problem that might have caused that? Sometimes you can have tiny little knocks or pre-ignition going on that you might not be able to hear but is actually happening and it slowly just pelts that rod bearing away over time until something like this happens.

Either that or if recently you had a real bad lean run or something and you pre-ignited/detonated real bad just once too?

hmmmmm that all can be a good posibility.. Who knows doh.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by USAF EP3 View Post
    Damn man, that #2 rod bearing got FUCKED!

I wonder if you ever had a bad detonation or pre-ignition problem that might have caused that? Sometimes you can have tiny little knocks or pre-ignition going on that you might not be able to hear but is actually happening and it slowly just pelts that rod bearing away over time until something like this happens.

Either that or if recently you had a real bad lean run or something and you pre-ignited/detonated real bad just once too?
    What causes that to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    What causes that to happen?
    SO many things dude. That's why tuning and proper parts is so important.

Could've been one bad batch of 93/91 gas, tuner might not have part throttle tuned (street tuning) it properly or at all, fouled spark plugs leaving too much unburnt fuel deposits in places that can INCREASE compression and the tune not compensating for it, etc.

The list goes on and on really, that's why race teams dissemble their shit so much because there's so many little tiny things that can build up to a huge problem like the one monj has.

We are street tuners/drivers/enthusiasts and don't really have the luxury like race teams do to rip our stuff apart all the time to ensure proper working order so we fly by the seat of our pants when it comes to building higher power machines. Things like this are bound to happen, especially if he's been raggin' on this engine for over 2 years, I'd say he had a good run...

SO many things dude. That's why tuning and proper parts is so important.

Could've been one bad batch of 93/91 gas, tuner might not have part throttle tuned (street tuning) it properly or at all, fouled spark plugs leaving too much unburnt fuel deposits in places that can INCREASE compression and the tune not compensating for it, etc.

The list goes on and on really, that's why race teams dissemble their shit so much because there's so many little tiny things that can build up to a huge problem like the one monj has.

We are street tuners/drivers/enthusiasts and don't really have the luxury like race teams do to rip our stuff apart all the time to ensure proper working order so we fly by the seat of our pants when it comes to building higher power machines. Things like this are bound to happen, especially if he's been raggin' on this engine for over 2 years, I'd say he had a good run...

i believe that the tuning part was always on check my motor went through a shit load of maps, we constantly changed thing and afs so we had that monitored all the time.
    I hardly raced the car and when i did i usually the next day will do an oil change to help the motor last as long as it did, i never expected it to last the length it did n all i can say now is that its never too late for a rebuild, but who knows, only time will tell.

I did though for on summer had overheating issues and for a yr and a half ran no thermostat!!! YIKES

Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    i believe that the tuning part was always on check my motor went through a shit load of maps, we constantly changed thing and afs so we had that monitored all the time.
    I hardly raced the car and when i did i usually the next day will do an oil change to help the motor last as long as it did, i never expected it to last the length it did n all i can say now is that its never too late for a rebuild, but who knows, only time will tell.

I did though for on summer had overheating issues and for a yr and a half ran no thermostat!!! YIKES
    I feel you man. I'm not saying it was the tuning part I was simply answering his question as to what could cause a problem like that. It could be a NUMBER of things, just because your tuning was on point doesn't mean that something else was.

That bit about overheating and no thermostat...LOL!

I feel you man. I'm not saying it was the tuning part I was simply answering his question as to what could cause a problem like that. It could be a NUMBER of things, just because your tuning was on point doesn't mean that something else was.

That bit about overheating and no thermostat...LOL!
    i know man and im just responding

Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    i know man and im just responding
    I'm sensitive ok? I don't want to hurt any feelings y'know?

I'm sensitive ok? I don't want to hurt any feelings y'know?
    Rotfl.

I say better to spin a rod bearing than to window your block haha.. you ever thought about running e85, or using a race gas map when you go out and play. Because good fuels are great insurance when pushing the car.

I was just about to convert to e85 a week prior the breakdown

o man ... well I will let you know how my tune goes on e85. You know the duty cycle and what not.

O yea that'd be great what size injs you on doh??

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread Information