Close

AEM Series 2 Question

I just received my EMS and I have a tune scheduled for next Friday. The shop (Dyno-Comp in Scottsdale, AZ) said if I install the ECU, all I pay for is dyno time and they'll do the tune for free. My question is: other than loading the base map and of course removing the old ECU/ installing the new one, is there anything else I will have to do so my EP will still be drivable?

My options are:
    1. Let the shop install the ECU (an extra ~$100)
    2. Install it at home (I'll need the car drivable)
    3. Load the base map, get to the shop early and install it there in the parking lot

I have no tuning knowledge, so any advice will help out a whole lot.

Had my tune today, it all went well but I do have one question: Is it normal for the coolant temp to drop while going at speed? The needle goes back to normal when I slow down...

Other than that, my Rev limiter is set at 7500 and my check engine light comes on at 7000 as a shift light!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iywnA...ature=youtu.be

Anyone have tips for setting a cold start? Seriously no replies, does anyone have an AEM?

The tuner told me that the engine temp needle was steady during the tune and to check my wire connections. I don't buy that though, it's never faltered before and it drops dead at the same point every time I drive the car.

that guy w/ the face poeticfinesse21's Avatar
    Try clubrsx or k20a.org, lots of people with AEM there

Luckily I have a buddy that went to school for tuning cars so he helped me out with adjusting the cold start and made tweaks to the tune that helped out a lot. Still no solution to the temp gauge yet but I registered for AEM's message boards so hopefully soon I'll have an answer/ fix.

Bump for changing the VTEC setting... AEMtuner says 1500 RMPs but that doesn't sound right. I know the A3 has stages of VTEC but I don't hear/ feel the final stage until around 5400 RPMs.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    There's no crossover points on a a3. Ur not gona feel anything because u don't have a 3 lobe vtec setup. Adujust vtec to 2200 like it supposed to be

Alright, weird that the base map had it set so low.

So because of the A3 iVTEC, there's no way to change the stage that I do feel/ hear?

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LudeMutt View Post
    Alright, weird that the base map had it set so low.

So because of the A3 iVTEC, there's no way to change the stage that I do feel/ hear?
    Ur car has Eco vtec. It's not a performance vtec like a rsx type s or a k20z1. Changing the point will do nothing for u. That sound u think u hear is just the sound note of Ur intake. There no "stages" either. Feel free to search , theres tons of threads on this, Ur not the first to make this mistake

gocha, thanks for the info. I will change it to 2200 for the engagement point.

Thread Information