Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

V6 in ep3 possible???

Is a J-Series V6 swap possible in the EP3?
    There's v6 swap kits for almost every Civic & Intgera,but NOT our Ep3 or RSX.
    I've searched the web far & near for a V6 EP3 or DC5.The only swap I could find was a cat out of the UK that did one.
    However he swapped the V6 in,but with a DC5 manual tranny .He's name was Jeff.There's a thread.
    So is the V6 swap possible with the CL-S/Accord manual tranny?

anything is possible. worth the time and money is a different story.

if you're building a drag car, it might be worth it. I use the word 'might' very loosely.

ep would be so nose heavy. :(

A k24 barely fits in, it would be dumb to put a v6 in it. sounds like a fun ride but thats about it.

A K24 & J-Series engine are about the same weight.
    Is there a reason it won't fit?Peeps have ask this question in forums,but NO answers have been given.
    Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    A k24 barely fits in...
    The only fit prob with the K24 was if you wanted to run certain headers or the intake manifold angle 'cuz the TB to point into the battery(solved by using a adapter).

I believe Jeff's DC5(RSX) V6 is the first in the world.Jeff's V6 is still a work in progress,BUT the engine IS in.

To give inspiration to those thinking about this swap I believe it will work at this time.
    1)A K24 & J-Series engine are about the same weight.Honda designed the J32 (J30)to be light weight & narrow.

2)Cost of swap looks to be comparable to any other J-series swap(ef,eg,ek,ej,dc2,em).

3) In Jeff's swap it even clears the OEM hood & chassis w/o lossing the oil pan like in the eg case (using the lower mounting hole) that hangs below the chassis.

4)With 1OO+HP & 1OO+lbs. TQ(more than a K20a3) stock.If you do want more power using just Honda parts a little under 3OOHP is possible on a OEM ECU. A dude named Paul(The J-Series GURU & NorCali transplant) out of VA well known in the J-Series V6 forum community built a Dual TB intake manifold.This guy blew up 2 A/T trannies sorting out a BIG M90 SC on his Accord.The J-series loves to breathe.Must be all that F1 pedigree.

The research so far goes up & down,but looks very promising.I'm trying see if it can be done CARB legal unlike Jeff's since he's in the UK.
    Last edited by Silvershadow; 04-11-2013 at 12:15 AM.

Hey man were did u find that video and man i wanted to be the first lol but the k series tranny fits with the j series engine what!!?? And i own an ep3 sir and i think it wound fit and like you said the hood could even clear it 👌👌 i really want to do this swap but i emailed both hasport and inovative for motor mounts and that dont make them. so im wondering what ones jeff used?

Unfortunately he never finished the project.He later removed all pics 'cuz I guess too many peeps were askin bout the project.From what pics I saw he had the engine in.That's the prob when u start a project on the web.there's a invisible pressure to finish the project.I thought he'd finish it.

The site was rmsmotoring.com His name was Jeff(don't remember if it was his call sign).I had wanted to do it also,but abandoned it in favor of a K24 instead.A lot of interesting cars on this site.
    Last edited by Silvershadow; 11-15-2018 at 01:32 PM. Reason: addition

Took some digging.The dudes name is CTR-360.
    jeff made a adapter plate to bolt on the DC5 tranny & starter.

Good Luck!!! You'll be the first.

Jeff henderson is the dude's name.
    He deleted everything at RMS ,but Autolifers did a article on his project.
    After you read it you'll know why Hasport didn't make a kit.http://autolifers.com/garage-life-je...gra-dc5-build/

The other installation problem is wiring.There are shops out there that can probably make up a set for you maybe Rywire .For off road:there's a shop in I think Arizona that have harnesses to run it.

Wow man thats soo dope i really want to do this but i need too get everything together and get some money. Thanks for all the info. And if jeff used hasport mounts that he then fabricated to fit then why dont thay make a mount kit? I think i will just keep buging then until that make them lol

Jeff had way mo pics on rmsmotoring.com.
    I don't think hasport will make a kit for a few more years.

The other thing is the axles.that arizona shop makes axles too.They said you need parts from 4 different axles to make the axles.They do a lot of j-series v6's for off roaders.

The big plus of the v6 is you'll have a 13 second car with a stock v6.The sweet thing of the k24 is the lovely TQ,but that only gets you maybe 1/2 second more than a RSX-s.

http://www.arizonaperformanceimports.com is the place that specializes in j-series off roaders.

That the time they did axles.When I was ready I was going to talk to them bout wiring($450 for 2 harnesses bacck then) & axles.

I'm putting all this out there so someone could do the FIRST v6 EP3(or DC5).You'll benefit from all my hours & hours of research.

Hey, I'm Jeffrey

Dc5 v6 Integra GUY. Yes I'm the first guy who done the ep3/dc5 conversion. I have many projects going including my studies which took a lot of my time. Do you want a you tube channel? with DC5V6 and more projects?

Thread Information