Close

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
    While I was away I missed the months you were playing with the A2 and need to go back and read up on the build.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
    While I was away I missed the months you were playing with the A2 and need to go back and read up on the build.
    I'm still playing with it man. I have a new king motor sports 45 degree VTC I need to install and just did the asp header and ktuned exhaust.

If I didn't share here yet I went to the shg octoberfest meet and got to meet a few of them including shg easy. Really cool laid back group of people and there cars are out of this world.

New rubbers going to be Dunlop star spec Z2 star specs. 245/40 up front and 225/45 out back. Wheels will be the rpf1's 17x9 +35 up front and 17x8 +45 out back. Come tax season I'll be getting some special coilovers and hopefully Todd's top hats.

Well. I drove the ep from Virginia to New York and then from New York to San Diego California where I will be residing for at least the next five years. The car performed beautifully.

Now that that's behind us I think the aspecs have served there purpose and served it well. But it's time to get serious with the car. I bought everything I need for the five lug swap and will be ordering new wheels and tires in the coming weeks. After that it will be research time to find the best spring rates for my car and get so,e fortune auto 510 coilovers with the swift springs.

As I stated earlier I made 230whp and 190ftlbs on my swap. At the time I had the 07 k24a2 with a k20a2 oil pump rbc intake manifold plm header apexi noir catback and the stock 25 degree vtc.

I recently installed a asp header and ktuned three inch exhaust and have a king motorsports 45 degree vtc gear to install. I think I'm going to get a hybrid 74 mm throttle body have the rbc port matched and do a custom 3.5 inch cold air intake.

I'm going to attempt to squeeze every ounce of power out of this motor while leaving the long block mostly untouched.

Anyone have any guess on where I'll be sitting after this round of upgrades and a retune is done?

Stock head? No porting? You wont see much gain between a 70mm TB/intake vs a 74mm TB/intake if the head doesnt have some work. Odds are you will lose midrange (narrow the powerband) and gain some above 6.5k.

If i remember right there is an issue porting the RBC manifold for a 74mm TB as well. Something to do with the floor of the manifold being too thin... ill have to check again on that to be positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Stock head? No porting? You wont see much gain between a 70mm TB/intake vs a 74mm TB/intake if the head doesnt have some work. Odds are you will lose midrange (narrow the powerband) and gain some above 6.5k.

If i remember right there is an issue porting the RBC manifold for a 74mm TB as well. Something to do with the floor of the manifold being too thin... ill have to check again on that to be positive.
    I'm doing the 74 because I'll reuse it when I get around to the charger. I'm going to end up getting another rbc from hr that's already ported for it. The have to weld something shut then open it back up. I can't remember the specifics right now.

You must be talking about welding the IAC port up and then cutting it out again...
    Last edited by talonXracer; 05-24-2009 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    You must be talking about welding the IAC port up and then cutting it out again...
    That's it haha I finally got around toot seri g the new wheels too so stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Powers View Post
    That's it haha I finally got around toot seri g the new wheels too so stay tuned.
    Must be California speak. How do you like it there?

Quote Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
    Must be California speak. How do you like it there?
    Damn I didn't even catch that haha San diego is cool but really different then what I'm used to.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread Information