Close

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Can't miss with black and gold.

Btw, I have a nephew stationed at your base. Intelligence.

Where did you get your grille? I want a basic one.
    Last edited by Hasbro; 04-05-2013 at 02:44 PM.

What's your nephews name? I may work with him.

And I got my grill from ebay actually.

Pmed

Ephatch members if your interested in a s2k gauge cluster I found a guy that will make you a plug an play kit bezel and all for 950.

It will be my next purchase after these wheel and tires.

Pm me if you would like his email.

Thinking of gutting the interior. Leave only the door panels and front seats. Any thought or opinions on this?

If I am to do this how much do you think it would take to have it painted?

You already new what I would think! Be warned, once you do it you'll be hooked. And you don't want to change out the seats? 88 lbs., that's 50 lbs. pullable and a real driver's seat feels so good.

Edit, moved from a discussion we were having;

You can pull 150+ lbs. give or take. Do you also mean carpeting, roof liner, plastic trim, etc? I weighed a lot of the interior stuff all together in boxes so I don't have a record of weights. I soft core gutted about seven years ago. So, yeah, a couple of hundred pounds, depending. There are many little things inside that really add up. Then there are big chunks at a time, too. Hard core will net another 150+ lbs.

Google gutting on here, ClubRSX, and ClubEP3. There are several good aricles. It's the cheapest way to pull weight. Free hp (at least 5whp per hundred lbs.) and better handling. After a while it get's very expensive. $440.00 for a 4 lb. battery saves about 30 lbs., etc.
    Last edited by Hasbro; 04-08-2013 at 06:21 PM.

I want to put new front seats in but I want to keep a passenger seat is what I'm saying.

I mean everything bare metal no sound deadening carpet headliner plastics nothing.

Ill probably just lay a square of Berliner neatly where people's feat will go.
    Last edited by Powers; 04-09-2013 at 03:17 AM.

Sounds great. As far as painting, do you want to keep it the same color? You can have a paint shop make up custom spray cans. A bit expensive but worth it. Maybe about 3 or 4 cans?

I'm going to make a bulkhead of sorts with board insulation and a Lexan type plastic (that hinges open) just behind the front seats to cut noise and allow for better ac cooling. I'm in the desert and the heat really permiates through. Two door coupe!

Ill probably just keep it the same color as the outside. It should look clean when done.

The interior color is grey, which I like because it's easier to see. Black will take a good bit more paint.

Here's HondaFreak's interior; http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...ge-San-Jose-CA

That a sickkk car. Eventually I'd like to be there. Minus a cage that extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Powers View Post
    That a sickkk car. Eventually I'd like to be there. Minus a cage that extreme.
    Me, too. And he was running that monster on stock springs/dampers for a while! I think he's still on stock axles, as am I. Tempting fate?

Haha maybe. I'm going to start this project after I get a storage unit. And I also found the lexan glass kit he has. Back window quarter windows and door windows. After I get that itr transmission I'm going to start investing in the "add lightness" category.

You should look into the Ground Control sleeves and adjustable struts for your EP. The GC kit is like $300... and you can use it on your stock struts till they wear out. Then buy new adjustable struts and new spring rates (if you even need to) to match. Steps and stages to appreciate your changes, save some coin, and you stay sway from the Chinese bullshit so prevalent on the market.

Haz got me lookin at Swift goodies for my suspension. Ill be broke for the next two years... lol

Ill probably go that route later on down the road. I just got the aspec suspension a month ago.

Ba do you know any reputable shop that could help me get this killer vtec head together and on the a3 in the Norfolk area?

The only one I know of is accuracy in Chesapeake.

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information