Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Im thinking about going to a junk yard and finding a older civic and cutting off some harnesses. I have all the parts and the other harness wired but i didnt have anything to connect to the x clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty_Mouse_Ep View Post
    Where did you guys get the connectors for the x connector. I have some for the wiper arm connector but they are not the same
    from the element owners club DIY:

For the X connector, you have these choices:

a) Terminals with wire stubs from the X connector of a donor (junkyard) car. This is a sure bet, and each connector contains several usable parts.

b) Pigtails removed from a Metra 71-7992 connector. The 71-7992 has the advantage of being readily available, and each connector has eight of the small pigtails. The 7992 terminals don't snap smartly into the X connector the way the Honda part does, but they do work. You will have to file, cut, or fold over the tabs on the back of each terminal to make it fit into the X connector.

To remove terminals from the donor connector, gently press each wire in toward the front of the plastic shell to unload the locking tab, insert a tiny jeweler's screwdriver or equivalent from the front to compress the tab, and pull the wire out the back. (Illustration below is for a different connector, but the idea is the same.)

c) Pigtails from a dealer's kit if you can match them to the ones on the X connector.

d) Honda wire terminals, p/n 07JAZ-001360A. You will have to crimp a wire onto each terminal.

e) Tyco part 173681-6, referenced below. This is available in reasonable quantitites only by begging free samples from Tyco.
    i ended up getting these (07JAZ-001360A), but haven;t done the install yet..
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

I really want to do this. Factory wipers suck. I seldom use them even in the rain, and when I do use them the speed is never right. Usually too fast.

Lol so after weeks of being lazy i finally finished the install and yeah pretty easy only thing that sucked was finding the right connectors for the x-clips but i did manage to find an 01+ civic coupe in a junk yard so i just cut off the x-clip and took the pigtails off. The wiper timer is pretty cool it is nice having an adjustable timer rather then the 6-7 seconds preset time. Overall the mod cost about 30 bucks found the arm on ebay for 25 and the x-clips and harnesses the yard charged me 5 bucks. Now i just want it to rain lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty_Mouse_Ep View Post
    Lol so after weeks of being lazy i finally finished the install and yeah pretty easy only thing that sucked was finding the right connectors for the x-clips but i did manage to find an 01+ civic coupe in a junk yard so i just cut off the x-clip and took the pigtails off. The wiper timer is pretty cool it is nice having an adjustable timer rather then the 6-7 seconds preset time. Overall the mod cost about 30 bucks found the arm on ebay for 25 and the x-clips and harnesses the yard charged me 5 bucks. Now i just want it to rain lol
    I've got the wiper stalk. I just haven't had the time to wire it in.
    Good to hear it worked. Great job dude. Post a video of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information