Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brembos

Brembos

I finally figured out where to order brembos for the EP. I have always entertained the idea and wanted to try to get a set before the end of the year.....$2600!!!!!! Nevermind. Maybe in the future.

gotta pay to play, unless you're going for a ridiculous track car, just get some blank rotors and a nice set of pads and you'll be fine. then again, you can always get a used set of brembos

Re: Brembos

Why not go spoon brakes theyre around 1500

that guy w/ the face poeticfinesse21's Avatar
    Just go with a wilwood BBK. Less than half the cost and just as good if not better. You're just paying for name when you buy brembo, stoptech or spoon. Plus the wilwoods shave off about 7lbs of unsprung weight on each drive wheel.

http://www.corsportusa.com/store/cat...oducts_id=5523

Yea I always wondered about that. A lot of guys will go StopTech/Wilwood etc, whose kits probably vary in price what 600-1400? Not satisfied with those names though? Lets consider building our own kit...

Now replacement rotors, even Brembo blanks are not expensive, what 50$ each? http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...&autoYear=2003 ... So, what else is coming in the kit, pads and calipers? maybe new lines+fluid? So lets say you can get good pads (as mentioned) and lines and fluid if you need as well. So those things with the rotors, lets put all that at, what, 1000$ for shits and giggles? All that's left is calipers..

So the last 1500$ is the calipers right? And this is what I've always wondered. Are brembo calipers of such good quality, top-end aluminum that does amazing heat transfer or something, that they warrant this price? Is it a quality level that this things will not break down, are tanks or something? Very curious about this, because my drag-racing car friend keeps telling me Brembo's only, but I dont have a 350-450whp ep3, nor will I ever.

Also if I'm completely off-base, sorry I'm not trolling :)
    Last edited by bung; 03-19-2013 at 12:51 PM. Reason: math and formatting

You're just paying for a name. Brembo supplies OEM brakes for so many car-makers that they are the best known name.
    Is brembo quality? Fuck yes, but is it worth $2500 when a wilwood BBK can be had for as little as $600? Fuck no. Pleny of people over on clubrsx/clubep3 track their cars with the wilwood BBK, can't say for drag racing though

广州本田
    If your stock brakes are capable of locking up your wheels (ABS to engage), there is no need to get a BBK. Just upgrade the pads, fluid, and get stickier tires.

BTW this is good info - http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=610832
    Last edited by ep_hatcher_510; 03-19-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Ten years ago GrassRootsMotorsports built an EP track car using stock brakes with good pads, braided steel lines, and racing fluid. What made the brakes stay cool were cooling ducts. Done.

From the very start I feel our stock brakes are almost dangerous. Get some good pads and, for the street, you're done.

If you want to save weight, get some Wilwoods from Fast Brakes. Brian will *custom a set for under $800.00 and you'll save over 15 lbs.of unsprung weight up front.

*discs are 11.6" instead of the 12.2" on the bbk.
    Last edited by Hasbro; 03-19-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
    you'll save over 15 lbs.of unsprung weight up front
    This is something that most people overlook and why I say the wilwood BBK is definitely worth the cost and not just for bling. Shaving that much unsprung weight off of the drive wheels makes a very noticeable difference plus the extra stopping power

Quote Originally Posted by poeticfinesse21 View Post
    This is something that most people overlook and why I say the wilwood BBK is definitely worth the cost and not just for bling. Shaving that much unsprung weight off of the drive wheels makes a very noticeable difference plus the extra stopping power
    Yeah, the stopping benefits are secondary to me. It's about the suspension and weight loss!
    Last edited by Hasbro; 03-19-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Do the wilwood BBK fit with the ABS and are there any known issues for ABS problems?
    What REAR brakes would you recommend to pair up with the wilwood BBK's?

I think it's 70% of your braking power goes to the front. For the rear I'd say some oem blank rotors hawk pads ss braided brake lines and paint the caliper to match whatever the fronts color is.

Gotta stay fly till ya die homie

I remember when CorSport USA had a blowout sale on the Wilwood BBK's and a lot of questions were coming up about them like fitment, caliper piston surface area, etc.

From what I remember the total surface area that the Wilwood BBK's (Dynalite) 4pot calipers covers just SLIGHTLY less surface area from what the OEM single caliper w/slider clamp covers so that way you do not have to upgrade the stock brake master cylinder.

Also keep in mind that the BBK's were made for whatever car it was for, so for those of us that are using the RSX-S brake caliper swap you need to make sure you upgrade to the RSX-S brake master cylinder or the ITR brake master cylinder to properly use the BBK's or OEM caliper swap.
    Last edited by USAF EP3; 03-19-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Murphy View Post
    Do the wilwood BBK fit with the ABS and are there any known issues for ABS problems?
    What REAR brakes would you recommend to pair up with the wilwood BBK's?
    ABS runs off the axle, so no issues. I run the StopTech kit and track my car, shit is FLAWLESS!
    Call FastBrakes. He used to sell a rear conversion kit. I don't see it on his site anymore, but worth a call. He's where I get all of my brake stuff. Guy is legit.

Christian

Quote Originally Posted by poeticfinesse21 View Post
    Just go with a wilwood BBK. Less than half the cost and just as good if not better. You're just paying for name when you buy brembo, stoptech or spoon. Plus the wilwoods shave off about 7lbs of unsprung weight on each drive wheel.

http://www.corsportusa.com/store/cat...oducts_id=5523
    What ROTORS & PADS do you use for replacements for the wilwood BBK?
    Last edited by Eddie Murphy; 03-20-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information