Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Alright from the get go, the skunk 2 intake manifold, fuel rail, and rdx injectors is a waste of money at this point.

The skunk 2 mani was designed for some high rpms. You will actaully lose torque because of that mani.
    The rdx injectors are useless if you're not going to do any type of force induction on that a3.
    And last of all, a fuel rail is just bling look. You're stock fuel rail can see up 600 hp.

I have k20a2 cams (60k) , 8 modded exhaust rockers, and a corsport vtec selonoid block off plate for sale for $250 shipped. I can send you pics of what it is.

A k20a3 vtec killer can yield 180 whp easily. There's a quite a bit of knowledge of the vtec killer setup on this site. I think Onasty on here hit 197 whp on the stock k20a3 long block.

oh man...sound very good..ill keep in mind thanks for the help guys .

Just to reinforce what Blah said. You need to put back the OEM fuel rail because you're most likely are NOT using a fuel pressure regulator with that aftermarket fuel rail. The OEM fuel rail has a fuel pulsation dampener that is used in the stock return-less style fuel system. You will see a significant fuel performance drop becasue you no longer have that in place.

i'm vtec killed currently and with your mods...you should be 190+ easy...hardest thing is a tune...and a reputable person to do the install...hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by jaysNep3 View Post
    wow thats all =[

i was hoping for 190 at least =]
    I wouldnt trust a stock a3 farther than I could throw it at 190 whp.

Quote Originally Posted by Blah1219 View Post
    Alright from the get go, the skunk 2 intake manifold, fuel rail, and rdx injectors is a waste of money at this point.

And last of all, a fuel rail is just bling look. You're stock fuel rail can see up 600 hp.
    yea, but the stock fuel rail is so goddamn ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by USAF EP3 View Post
    Just to reinforce what Blah said. You need to put back the OEM fuel rail because you're most likely are NOT using a fuel pressure regulator with that aftermarket fuel rail. The OEM fuel rail has a fuel pulsation dampener that is used in the stock return-less style fuel system. You will see a significant fuel performance drop becasue you no longer have that in place.
    yea thats what people say, I think its bullshit because I noticed exactly zero difference after installing an aftermarket fuel rail and removing the pulsation dampener. If you really want to, you can put the pulsation dampener on any fuel rail as long as you got the right fitting.

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    ^ Stock a3 not reliable past 190whp? Are you serious? There are plenty of guys that put in 6-8 YEARS on Greddy turbo and JRSC kits at that level of power.....on very very very low boost (for reliability).

As far as NA (I kinda agree), 190whp is only limited by the timing chain issues associated with aggressive cams on our engines. More than 95% of the guys that ran Skunk2 Stage III cams on the K20a3 block (or Vtec killer heads on **A3** blocks), never actually (FULLY) upgraded their timing chain guides, tensioners, and the chain itself. Most of the issues on NA K20a3s stemmed from valve to piston contact (after chain breakage), not actually any issue with the rest of the rotating assembly itself.

*Not taking a dig on you, but the K20a3 isn't THAT bad....
    Last edited by MugenReplica; 04-02-2013 at 06:39 AM.

wow thats all =[

Swap in a k20a2 then. Will be easy to make those numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by mussh View Post
    im not a turbo'd guy......
    but i have read, that if you keep the boost relatively mild.....6-8 pounds..... you could easily get typical life from it.
    and.....keep the revs below 7500.......
    I had mine turbo'd with 267 hp at the wheels for a few years, ran like a champ. Once you get to about 300hp, things start getting weird. After all, you are essentially doubling the horsepower of the motor. Mine blew due to a misshift. Stock motor didn't like 9k revs

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    ^ Stock a3 not reliable past 190whp? Are you serious? There are plenty of guys that put in 6-8 YEARS on Greddy turbo and JRSC kits at that level of power.....on very very very low boost (for reliability).

As far as NA (I kinda agree), 190whp is only limited by the timing chain issues associated with aggressive cams on our engines. More than 95% of the guys that ran Skunk2 Stage III cams on the K20a3 block (or Vtec killer heads on **A3** blocks), never actually (FULLY) upgraded their timing chain guides, tensioners, and the chain itself. Most of the issues on NA K20a3s stemmed from valve to piston contact (after chain breakage), not actually any issue with the rest of the rotating assembly itself.

*Not taking a dig on you, but the K20a3 isn't THAT bad....
    true, I was mainly talking about NA, not turbo, the A3 does like boost, but still, they are the worst k series to have a separate exhaust manifold

wow thats all =[

just get a JRSC..... you can get used one and it's a fairly easy install. should have you at your power goal and loads of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by EP3Lov3 View Post
    just get a JRSC..... you can get used one and it's a fairly easy install. should have you at your power goal and loads of fun.
    jrsc sounds interesting, where can I get one used?

Since you already have the kpro find yourself a k24a2. i found one tru car-parts.com for $1600 shipped 2007 tsx motor with 33k miles. This will get you to 200-220whp depending on your setup.

http://www.urgpartsearch.com/link/se...estTimeout=500 seach 2006 acura tsx motor here. Call this place and ask for Junior Morgan i got my motor from him.

I had a jrsc and it was ok.

u will get the itch for more believe me both me and klik have had the JRSC and are both getting the k24a2 swap done lol

Quote Originally Posted by gtecd20 View Post
    u will get the itch for more believe me both me and klik have had the JRSC and are both getting the k24a2 swap done lol

Oh yes. You will want more hehehe. You going to slap that jrsc to the k24 gtec. I see you got the motor already.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information