Close

engine misfiring?

good morning everyone,
    ive recently been teaching a co worker of mine to drive stick. She stalled due to thinking she was in first gear when she was in fact in third. She restarted the car and it had a loopy idle seemed like a misfire. Only happened once and after shutting off the car and restarting it again it went away. Now, last night my sister was driving my car and she did the same thing. Stalled due to being in third gear not first. Same thing happened really loopy and rough. sounded like a misfire again. No CEL was thrown and after shutting down the car and restarting it it went away. Should i be concerned about this? Whats causing it? Any input is appreciated. Thank you

engine misfiring?

Bump

engine misfiring?

To the top

engine misfiring?

Morning bump

how many miles is on your car? when was the last time you change out you spark plugs

engine misfiring?

120xxx changed at 100xxx

engine misfiring?

Bump someone's gotta have an idea
    Last edited by bunk; 04-28-2009 at 09:04 AM.

engine misfiring?

Bump happy Friday everyone.

Re: engine misfiring?

Should be fine just a random misfire as long as it doesn't throw a cel your fine. It happens here and there. even when a cel does happens and you take it to a shop they just erase the cel and tell you to come back if it comes back on dont worry bout it unless the cel is constant and/or flashes when the car is on

engine misfiring?

Thanks for the input. Appreciate it

Last week, I kind of had something similar, my car was a bit sluggish and seemed like it was misfiring (+CEL).
    I took out my VTC oil control solenoid and cleaned the little filter. Reset the CEL and the car was perfect.

you could also have pending codes. If you have access to an OBD2 reader/scanner, have it scanned.

I think I was the only one on here one of the ones who had the most weird problem with misfires. One day all of a sudden, my ep3 started bogging and then it stalls whenever I'm at a full stop without keeping my foot on the gas to rev to motor. My car also felt slower and sluggish in all the speeds between all the other gears too. I did have a check engine light that comes on and goes away. So I scanned it with an OBD2 reader/scanner and came up misfire 1, 3 & 4 and random. I thought it was probably the spark plus, so I replaced them but it didn't fix it. I thought it was the coils so I swapped them around and it wasn't. I had a compression test and all the numbers were not that far from each other so that wasn't the problem either. I did all the easy things trying to figure it out. I was going to do a leak down test but then as I got fed up with it, I finally took it into a shop and after doing the same test of what I did. And then one last resort, they open my valve cover and checked my valve clearance. They told me it was out of specs. And as they adjusted the clearances into spec and reset the ecu, that fixed my misfires ever since. Normally, doing the easy things above usually fixes the problem.
    Last edited by T_Virus; 04-03-2013 at 09:29 PM.

engine misfiring?

I have a scanner and I don't have any pending codes. It hasn't done it in awhile and my valve clearance was adjusted at 100k but I will remember that if she starts doing it again

Thread Information