Close

shaved door handles...

Does anyone know if it's possible to shave the door handles without welding/cutting I don't want to ruin the door, I just want to have a flat surface because i'm planning on wrapping the whole car?

Re: shaved door handles...

Welding plates in is the old way I know. Plus rigging up some kind of door actuator would be a pain. If your not going to paint the car then don't even mess with it..

I would imagine bondo or fiberglass could be used instead. There is a lot of wiring and some drilling require to this project you know....

Edit: nevermind, ignore me LOL

That seems like it would mess with the doors... A lot. I would just try and wrap the handles.

Ive done this to the truck I used to have , a real pain in the ass for a daily driver. The proper way is to weld in metal plates in the doorhandle opening than body work than paint. Then you have to wire up and bolt in actuators. And have something to control them with, ie an alarm. This isn't exactly a simple mod

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    You can rig in the remote window roll down. So you hold the button and all your windows roll down. This can be problematic

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    if you're going to wrap the car then the mostly flat door handles should be the least of your concerns

shaved handles are such a freakin PITA to install, depending on vehicle of course, the paint and bodywork is easy, cause I dont do that shit, lolol, but the wiring and mounting of actuators so they will be reliable and work permanently is a pain in the freakin ass., but on some cars the end result is soooooo worth it and looks so damn good.

usually trucks, but anything can be made to look good with it, i know alot of guys that put a hidden switch somewhere on their car in case they lose the keys.

I actually saw an sti with shaved handles once, it was very sick.
    Last edited by captaingamez; 03-31-2013 at 10:37 AM.

Thread Information