Close

Garret t3/t4 with internal wg?

I found a couple of t3/t4s locally that have internal wastegates... One comes as a "full kit" which is basically pretty close to a emusa intercooler universal piping and couplers, oil lines blah....

Has anyone used these style turbos? Look up garret m24 turbos to get an idea if your not sure how the internal wgs look.

Seems like a good deal. I just don't want deal with the headache of trying to make it work when there are easier alternatives-

I have been trying to find out if anyone on here runs an internal wastegate set-up. For the most part it doesnt seem like anyone is running this set up on ephatch but over on Clubrsx they have guys running the borgwarner internal set up.

You just might be the first if you get it up and running. (dont quote me on that cause im not 100%)

Hmm sounds like a lot of trail and possibly error= lots o down time... That's not optimal.
    But I wouldn't mind a legit brand new garret turbo on the cheap. Ill have to look into manifold or use the emusa style and find a block plate for the ext wg. Down pipe should be easy enough.

I'm going to check it out tomorrow morning. See how it looks- the guy said its all BNIB he got in partial trade and doesn't have use for it.

take pics.. i wana see

I didn't end up going. Guy tried telling me over the phone that the b & K series could use the same mani... I told him about clearence issues with the wg. I guess it'll be there when I get back. I'm out of town for Easter.

Quote Originally Posted by tlikethedrink View Post
    I didn't end up going. Guy tried telling me over the phone that the b & K series could use the same mani... I told him about clearence issues with the wg. I guess it'll be there when I get back. I'm out of town for Easter.
    WHAAA???? I Never heard that before..b and K series can use the same mani....idk dude I would pass on that since thats def some fuckery

What I was thinking....dude doesn't know what he's talking about or just really needs a sale.

The Greddy kit has an internal waste gate. Works fine but the exhaust manifolds seem to crack on them.

yeah after looking around i went ahead and picked up a greddy kit. other kits with interwastegates were mostly sidewinders.

playap07 im sure has done tons more research than i have. i looked into the EMUSA kit and recirculating the WG in to the downpipe. but i wanted to minimize fab work to minimize downtime.

the greddy kit is mostly plug and play. i bought the kit used... so im currently going through everything to make sure i dont run into anything during install or shortly after.

Thread Information