Close

hoist engine and cam chain question..

i know this is a noob question but was wondering if you can hoist the engine from the top coz in the manual it says from the bottom jus to make things clear and 1 last question coz wen i was changing my intake cam to a a2 intake cam i did the same process as if you were to take it off and valve adjusment the cam chain kinda gotten tighter dont know why though so do i have to take the tensioner of or what are my choices on where i can fix this..

Re: hoist engine and cam chain question..

You can pull the engine out of the top. Me and Los pulled MeanyBella's engine out the top. I personally like doing that then dropping the Subframe.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Did you lock the tensioner first before removing the cam? IF not ya remove the tensioner so you can push it back in then reinstall and rotate the engine by hand to put tension back on the chain and it should be normal again.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Civic View Post
    Did you lock the tensioner first before removing the cam? IF not ya remove the tensioner so you can push it back in then reinstall and rotate the engine by hand to put tension back on the chain and it should be normal again.
    To reinforce what Canuck said. You probably added TOO MUCH preload to the timing chain tensioner and causing a tight condition.

Refer to the OEM Service manual for either engine (K20A3/2 doesn't matter same procedure) and make sure you follow the steps correctly to ensure the correct preload for the tensioner.

Thread Information