Close

advice for suspensions

Just got a 03 civic si . my suspensions are out. i feel every bumps , holes , like the car doesnt have shocks. What will i need to change too? bushing etc.. ?

I'm looking for strut + spring and no coilovers , the price is the reason.

What kind of strut and spring plug in without modifications to do. i read the koni need to be cut. advices?

Can you guys post some pics about your cars with aftermarkets struts- spring ? i would like to low my car too.

what is the difference between 2002-2003 and 2004-2005?

thanks

Dean,

Hey another Colorado EP! Welcome!

For new struts and springs you're looking at a lot of money either way so whether you go with coilovers or strut/spring combo is your call.

If you're looking for a direct swap I'd look into Tokico HP's with lowering springs of your choice.

If you're looking for coilovers that's a whole other ball game. You could always go with Racelands or Rokkor if you wanted cheap. >$400 but they ride kind of bouncy and clunk at times...

welcome!

haha your about to find out the hard way, that nothing is cheap on these cars.

suspension....pay alittle now or alot later..... i bought megan street coilovers, cus i thought the bilstein mono's were a bit pricey...... my mistake, i should have bought the bilsteins from the get go. the car has just not ridden "well" since i put the megans on and after about a year it has developed a clunk. clunks suck.

i read that the A-spec is a good set up for our cars.

If i were to do it all over again, i'd go with the progress coilovers. from what i've heard, they are very good..

thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by 303EP View Post
    If you're looking for a direct swap I'd look into Tokico HP's with lowering springs of your choice.
    This would be my advise as well for a simple, effective, and budget friendly suspension. I have the Mugen SS coilovers, which are also a good choice, though they are a bit pricey. They do come fully assembled with tophats and everything though, which makes for an even easier and cleaner install.

Koni shocks, sprint or eibach springs, and buddy club ball joints, or roll center adjusters. and dont forget to replace the bushings ALL OF THEM front and rear.

the suspension in ep3/rsx is among the most expensive honda suspension ever made.

Depends on what you are trying to do.

if you are just looking to refresh the stock supension and not actually improve handling, id suggest a replacement set of STAGG shock of ebay. Decent quality and very cheap. but NOT a performance upgrade.

If you are looking for a performance upgrade id suggest 2 things:
    1:A spec suspension with a set of 1 inc drop springs
    2: em2 front sway and 21 MM rsx rear sway. The sway bar mod is very cheap and makes an INCREDIBLE INCREDIBLE INCREDIBLE difference.

Re: advice for suspensions

KYB struts and progress lowering springs. About the best ride you can get being lowered 1.5 inches

4 KYB struts 365$ shipped to my house from Rockauto.com

Picked up the springs local for 100$

thanks again , i think about the kyb

If your still trying to decide on what suspension you want, I have brand new unused koni yellows and eibach sportlines that I will let go for real cheap.

Try the HFP, best looking suspension, rides very nice too. I think they are hard pressed to come by however.

installed kyb. great struts =)

Thread Information