Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    No you and i would email back and forth. You have to do a datalog (KDL) a certain way too. We can go over that in detail later though.

Use KPro to check your Error Codes (tab at the top of the KManager window) before you upload the new KAL. Write it down so you dont forget it. Upload the new KAL and drive it around... see if it feels any different and if the error code repeats itself. You can either post up your error code here... or you can e mail me. PM me for my e mail addy.

damn too bad i didn't see this. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    No you and i would email back and forth. You have to do a datalog (KDL) a certain way too. We can go over that in detail later though.

Use KPro to check your Error Codes (tab at the top of the KManager window) before you upload the new KAL. Write it down so you dont forget it. Upload the new KAL and drive it around... see if it feels any different and if the error code repeats itself. You can either post up your error code here... or you can e mail me. PM me for my e mail addy.
    The car saves all your MIL codes. If you find your OBD2 port the pins are numbered 1-14 (I think). Use a small 18 Gauge wire and jump pins 4 and 9 and then turn the key to IGN(III). Your ABS, EPS and check engine lights will start flashing. It's like morse code: 1 long blink = +10 one short blink following that = +1

To find the OBD2 port sit down in the driver seat, reach down and put your hand on the RIGHT SIDE of your RIGHT KNEE. Now with the fuse panel cover taken off if you look to the right of where you placed your hand you should find the single GRAY port under the console.

EXAMPLE:
    Code 13 = 1 long blink + 1 short + 1 short + 1 short = 13
    Code 22 = 1 long + 1 long + 1 short + 1 short = 22

There will be a pause inbetween codes to let you know that a new code sequence is starting. Once all codes stored are flashed, they will start being repeated.

Hi - Thanks for chiming in. I have an actual code reader that says no codes - I'm assuming the paperclip method is just substitute for a code reader right? Kmanager doesn't show any as well. I just uploaded Ba82Ep3's tune from my laptop. No light - I will give it a drive and see what happens!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheep3 View Post
    Hi - Thanks for chiming in. I have an actual code reader that says no codes - I'm assuming the paperclip method is just substitute for a code reader right? Kmanager doesn't show any as well. I just uploaded Ba82Ep3's tune from my laptop. No light - I will give it a drive and see what happens!
    Indeed, it's the DIY version of using a code reader. It's how i found my passenger front side ABS sensor came loose lol when a Snap-On code reader couldn't even figure that out.

I recently went Kpro myself. Still learning. As far as the immobilizer light on the dash I simply unplugged the connector. You remove the covers from the steering column first, then you will notice this big black box with 3 green plugs. You will disconnect the last one closest to the dashboard. Insert the key and verify the car starts and drives as it should.

Thanks - and yeah, I stumbled across that also. I just left that one unplugged. Relieved not to have the flashing light but hope to maybe get it programmed by the dealer later. I'm being extra careful to keep it locked w/ alarm on till then. I'm pretty psyched right now - the new tune from Ba82Ep3 seems to be working perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    damn too bad i didn't see this. lol.
    LOL - Your Kpro Beginners Guide summary was probably the first thing I read! I've been reading / searching a lot - but I'm definitely on the lower than normal modification range compared to most Kpro info. Any advise of words of wisdom are definitely appreciated!

Thanks - and yeah, I stumbled across that also. I just left that one unplugged. Relieved not to have the flashing light but hope to maybe get it programmed by the dealer later. I'm being extra careful to keep it locked w/ alarm on till then. I'm pretty psyched right now - the new tune from Ba82Ep3 seems to be working perfect!
    Dave for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by USAF EP3 View Post
    The car saves all your MIL codes. If you find your OBD2 port the pins are numbered 1-14 (I think). Use a small 18 Gauge wire and jump pins 4 and 9 and then turn the key to IGN(III). Your ABS, EPS and check engine lights will start flashing. It's like morse code: 1 long blink = +10 one short blink following that = +1

To find the OBD2 port sit down in the driver seat, reach down and put your hand on the RIGHT SIDE of your RIGHT KNEE. Now with the fuse panel cover taken off if you look to the right of where you placed your hand you should find the single GRAY port under the console.

EXAMPLE:
    Code 13 = 1 long blink + 1 short + 1 short + 1 short = 13
    Code 22 = 1 long + 1 long + 1 short + 1 short = 22

There will be a pause inbetween codes to let you know that a new code sequence is starting. Once all codes stored are flashed, they will start being repeated.
    WTF Kev? All that seems complicated. LOL

I'm pretty psyched right now - the new tune from Ba82Ep3 seems to be working perfect!
    Glad to hear it! Just lemme know if you need any help, ill do what i can.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
    Dave for the win.

LOL Wait till you have KPro boss! Youll forget all about slip angles and friction coefficients... your new lingo will contain AFR's, ignition advance, and cam angles!

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post

LOL Wait till you have KPro boss! Youll forget all about slip angles and friction coefficients... your new lingo will contain AFR's, ignition advance, and cam angles!
    Will it help me get laid? I need to get laid.

... no ... lol

Will it help me get laid? I need to get laid.
    Yes, once you start throwing out "AIR FUEL RATIO" "TIMING ADVANCE" "FUEL TRIM" "DUTY CYCLE" and "3 DIMENTIONAL CAM ANGLES" you'll be drowning in pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    Yes, once you start throwing out "AIR FUEL RATIO" "TIMING ADVANCE" "FUEL TRIM" "DUTY CYCLE" and "3 DIMENTIONAL CAM ANGLES" you'll be drowning in pussy.
    That's what they told me when I started learning king pin angle, hertz, and scrub radius. I own two cats, that's it.

I wonder if it would help to have a passenger seat?

I own two cats, that's it.
    I pretty sure Menage a Kitty is illegal in your state!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information