Close

Yet another OEM sideskirt question thread!

Hey Hey!

After a year of searching (and 4 months of fighting with a scamming painter) I finally have OEM sides in my possession. Just test fitting right now, as I still need them painted. Quick question: Does anyone know offhand the side of the screws used to attach the bottom brackets to the underside of the car? I'm currently working on the "DIY Pipestrap" bracket for the rear of the skirt, but I don't want the bottom flapping around, and my skirts came with zero hardware. Thanks in advance! More pics coming soon!
    IMG_20130426_202120.jpg

You're better off using some of these:

Go to your local hardware store and ask/find "panel fasteners". I have had these on my skirts for 3 years without problems. I used these because the holes are huge.

I did about the same thing with mine. I bought some 2 piece push clips similar to the OEM clips in which the center pin butterflies the end open. I think I used 7/16" or possibly 1/2". Cant remember, but they were something like a pair for $1.50.

the bracket is attached to the underside of the car with a regular bumper clip. the bracket is attached to the skirt with (2) m6x1 / 10mm bolts per bracket
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Quote Originally Posted by usedep3 View Post
    the bracket is attached to the underside of the car with a regular bumper clip. the bracket is attached to the skirt with (2) m6x1 / 10mm bolts per bracket
    Yes, they're the same. I only used 3M tape and thought it would hold, but one of mine fell off and it was lucky that the car was parked in the garage when it happened. I did a different route instead of the pipe strap.

Thanks for the info, guys! Took a quick trip to the hardware store today and got some 1/2" body clips. Worked perfectly. I finished up the brackets and painted them with some touch up paint. Barely noticeable! I'm going to test them around town for the next week to make sure, but everything looks pretty solid.

Thread Information