Close

Angry noise coming from engine... video posted

can someone please tell me what is wrong with my car? my ac went out last night, smell something burned almost, not blowing cold air, then smelled almost rubbery, now today i turn on the car and this noise happens. when im driving you dont hear it but when im breaking or at a red light its freaking loud.

check your serpentine belt.
    Last edited by mussh; 04-30-2013 at 07:03 AM. Reason: cus i can.

just found out after just fixing my idle pulley which was shot the water pump and a/c clutch are bad as well... any clue how much repairs would be and if this is something i can do myself?

i did the a/c / p/s delete.
    no more a/c issues.

i really don't know if it is an easy, cheap fix. so far, nothing on this car has been easy / cheap.
    i once bought a shift knob that actually fit with no modding, thats about it.
    when i did my delete, the engine was out of the car, so everything was really easy to get to.

I personally like A/C for those real hot days. But until I get a new compressor Im using the Adjustable K-tuned ac/power steering(only for rsx) kit. It works real well and comes with a nice beefy KTuned belt, I think it ran me around 175 shipped.

As for the water pump, it kinda sucks but if you have the tools you can deff get it done. There is a thread somewhere about they make noise like that. I think there is also a how to replacement thread over on honda tech somewhere that might help you out a bit with replacement.

ok can any one give the part number for the water pump.., my mechanic can only find the belt driven ones not the chain...wth even autozone are given me belt driven

Quote Originally Posted by chinoman44 View Post
    ok can any one give the part number for the water pump.., my mechanic can only find the belt driven ones not the chain...wth even autozone are given me belt driven
    Your water pump is not chain driven, its on the other side of the engine. Its serp belt driven. Hmmmm part number should be 19200-PNA-003 the stock honda unit also comes with the gasket.

Thread Information