Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Got my k24a2 and rsx s 6 spd.

Gor the k24 yesterday and the 6 spd last week. Im xcited about this project next purchace is plm race header and CC stage 2 clutch and lightweight flys.

Last edited by klik; 05-07-2013 at 06:38 PM.

That awesome bro

let me know when you want to swap it in.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Buy a turbo while ur at it :)

thanks guys. Ill let you know Kyle but i think i need few more small parts before i do it like crv mount and karcept tb adapter. Question though, the ep3 already has 150k miles on her should i change the axles already while im on it? what about starter and alternators? if so what else need replacing? thanks (i dont wanna think about turbo now lol)

You can take the alternator and starter apart and check the condition of the brushes/commutator before you waste money on replacing the component. The PDF manuals are a great resource for this.

I would however replace the water pump, and be sure the oil pump is up to par. Those are more difficult to replace once the engine is installed, and/or can do high dollar damage to the engine if they fail.

Axles: if they click, or the splines that go into the diff or the halfshaft are sharp (not squared off like teeth on a gear are) then replace them. Otherwise, buy new boots and bands and repack them with new grease... then put them back to use.

Grats on the setup... youll love the power!

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    You can take the alternator and starter apart and check the condition of the brushes/commutator before you waste money on replacing the component. The PDF manuals are a great resource for this.

I would however replace the water pump, and be sure the oil pump is up to par. Those are more difficult to replace once the engine is installed, and/or can do high dollar damage to the engine if they fail.

Axles: if they click, or the splines that go into the diff or the halfshaft are sharp (not squared off like teeth on a gear are) then replace them. Otherwise, buy new boots and bands and repack them with new grease... then put them back to use.

Grats on the setup... youll love the power!
    Cool thanks, as for the water pump i understand im using the k24 one right? the tsx motor only has 40k miles im assuming that the waterpump still works and the oil pump, and where do i get the PDF manual thanks.

If youre on k20a.org, the easiest place is off of moderator Signalpuke's signature. You can get one for the k20a3/k20a2 and the information there will cover 95% of k24a1/k24a2 building/teardown/maintenance. I also have one for the k20z2/k20z3, dont remember where i got it, but its good to have for updated 6 speed transmission rebuild info. If i had a way to fileshare i would pass on what i have, but i dont. They are fairly large files.

Yes use the k24a2 water pump. 40k miles is great! Length of downtime can ruin a water pump, even though it isnt being used. I think they are like $45, and the gasket (o ring) is $6.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    If youre on k20a.org, the easiest place is off of moderator Signalpuke's signature. You can get one for the k20a3/k20a2 and the information there will cover 95% of k24a1/k24a2 building/teardown/maintenance. I also have one for the k20z2/k20z3, dont remember where i got it, but its good to have for updated 6 speed transmission rebuild info. If i had a way to fileshare i would pass on what i have, but i dont. They are fairly large files.

Yes use the k24a2 water pump. 40k miles is great! Length of downtime can ruin a water pump, even though it isnt being used. I think they are like $45, and the gasket (o ring) is $6.
    Thanks, so

damn thats a killer deal... for an 08 k24a2 too.. dayum...

congrats bro we will be talking alot more soon i am going to do the same build lol post lots of pics

Wussup gtec. The jrsc is not cutting it no more ha? Get a big block. But yeah i was just searching car-parts.com for at least a month before i found the right motor. You will be suprise how some auto wreckers do not know the value of the k24a2 lol.

This was the tsx before it got wreck i guess when i type the vin #http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...816&source=CFX
    Last edited by klik; 05-08-2013 at 10:01 PM.

oh i love the JRSC but i want more power lol, seems to never be enough. I have been told the SC should work with the k24a2 block so my goal is to add it to that once i get it. I want to get close to 300hp

Quote Originally Posted by klik View Post
    This was the tsx before it got wreck i guess when i type the vin # http://carlotbot.com/car/295904
    that was a clean looking TSX

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information