Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Nice pick up...Awesome build and great info.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Murphy View Post
    Nice pick up...Awesome build and great info.
    Thanks. I hope to finish it up in 2 months but im in no rush to drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by klik View Post
    So you guys suggest stock motor mounts right? Hasport rear and esmm upfront? So innovative 75a is overkill.
    Unless you plan on a lot of strip time... that setup will be all you need on the street...

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Unless you plan on a lot of strip time... that setup will be all you need on the street...
    cool thanks. I need a replacement tranny mount anyways mine is rip.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    He wouldnt NEED to... but it would be a BETTER way to get a k24 with JRSC to 300whp. The JRSC has a limit, very similar to any turbo (read: compressor map). Spinning the JRSC to make 9psi on a k24 makes the intake fuel/air charge hotter than making 9psi on a k20... because it has to spin a lot faster to do so. A hot intake air/fuel charge makes less power because you have to remove ignition to be safe. You can run e85 or spray meth to counteract this, but both options are either costly/involved or require constant maintenance/replenishment.

If you raise the compression ratio of the pistons, the engine will make more power naturally, and the JRSC will need to spin slower (larger pulley) to make the same power goal. The intake fuel/air charge from the SC will be cooler, you will hit your power goal a lot easier, and without constantly adding to/maintaining a meth setup on a lower compression engine.

Its the curse of the roots style blower... air doesnt like to be churned between rotors at 20,000 rpm. lol
    thanks for the info, yea im still debating either trying to get 300hp NA or running boost. i know if i sell the SC will almost cover the charges of the engine

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Methonal injection is insanely cheap. And there is zero maintenance. You can run washer fluid which is 2 bucks. U have it tuned so it sprays only at a certain psi. U can tune it through kpro in the nitros settings. Sorry Def gona have to disagree on the above statements about Meth. Me, differentk, and 04ep3hatch ran meth on our jrsc and im sure if they see this thread they will vouch its one of the better / cost effective mods for a jrsc. Go on crsx to get more info on meth on jrsc , unfortunately besides me Dan, and differentk I don't know anyone who ran meth on a jrsc, on this site. But from my experiences , best mod i did for my jrsc... Differentk is well over 300whp on his k24a2 with meth.
    Last edited by superchargedk20; 05-11-2013 at 07:12 PM.

Damn 300 whp is fucken cool. Would i be able to hit 220whp with just kpro i/rh/e with my k24a2?

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    Methonal injection is insanely cheap. And there is zero maintenance. You can run washer fluid which is 2 bucks. U have it tuned so it sprays only at a certain psi. U can tune it through kpro in the nitros settings. Sorry Def gona have to disagree on the above statements about Meth. Me, differentk, and 04ep3hatch ran meth on our jrsc and im sure if they see this thread they will vouch its one of the better / cost effective mods for a jrsc. Go on crsx to get more info on meth on jrsc , unfortunately besides me Dan, and differentk I don't know anyone who ran meth on a jrsc, on this site. But from my experiences , best mod i did for my jrsc... Differentk is well over 300whp on his k24a2 with meth.
    Really? Youve never heard anyone have an issue with clogged jetting? Pump failure? Wiring issues? And you cant disagree with the maintenance, because adding fluid is maintenance. Its something you have to do to maintain the system for proper use...

Im not saying meth isnt good, or a viable way to setup an SC'd k24... im saying i dont feel it is the BEST way to set up a 300whp JRSC'd k24. The greatest thing about the JRSC is it can be virtually maintenance free. Aside from changing the fluid (which you would have to do less often if the charger was spun at a lower RPM), and the belt (which would need to be done anyways)... its plug and play. Why complicate it?

I'm sure there are. But did I personally have any of those issues ? Nope. And the people on here that run it also I know don't have those issues.... You can't run modified things and expect them to work 100% , that goes for any part... Filling it once every 3-4 months for maybe 2 dollars isn't something I would call "maintenance". People have more issues with belt slippage than maintaining a simple meth kit. There's no such thing as having a modded car and being maintenance free. A jrsc u still have to worry about charger oil, belt slippage, manifold leaks, vaccum leaks, high temps, different pulleys and crank pulleys to attain proper boost levels, and rebuilding the charger. Unless u plan to spend money on an aftercooler which is well over a grand and needs to be custom made or u find someone else selling one on crsx, ur best alternative is meth. Good luck finding another way of keeping ur temps down on that k24 spinning that blower
    Last edited by superchargedk20; 05-12-2013 at 12:24 PM.

As you say you had no problems when you ran meth, i had none of the issues you stated people had with the JRSC. So maybe those JRSC issues are tuner/builder based... and not kit based?

The whole point of raising your compression is to avoid spinning the blower so high you need meth. Did you read everything thats been discussed?

Facts are: Higher compression will allow you to make the same power with less boost (less rpm)... WITHOUT meth or any expensive aftercooler kit. Again... KISS.

So u want someone to rip apart there bottom end and replace pistons rods etc etc, all the down time and money that's gona cost. Not to mention if OP even knows how to do all this or he would need a shop to do. Instead of buying a simple meth kit that costs at the most maybe 120? to reach the same result of 300whp? That makes total sense... Wheres differentk when u need em.

I've read everything discussed. Changing ur pistons and ripping apart ur bottom end is a complete waste of time and money when ur GOAL is ONLY 300whp
    Last edited by superchargedk20; 05-12-2013 at 03:09 PM.

OK... this apparently got blown (get it) outta proportion.

No one is saying your way is right and mine is wrong... but apparently some have worse luck with certain setups than others.

For you, you would rather pay someone to do the work for you (thats not bad, its a fact). If youre afraid to swap pistons yourself (lack of build knowledge/expense)... dont press that on someone else as a reason to follow a certain path.

Me? Gimme the damn tools/parts and let me do the work. I offer my experiences as viable options, not doctrine, for the enthusiast willing to get dirty. My bad...

Did i say anything negative about your posts, or say " man where is so and so to back me up". No. i stated fact... and for some reason you got a little butt hurt. My bad... again...

Chill Dave... damn.

Not to mention, no one has to "rip apart the block" to swap pistons... its very easy for the mechanically inclined with reasonable tools...

I'm not butt hurt at all. Can I do work myself? Yes I can ( i used to be a kid on a high school budget too like everyone else). Do i chose to work on my car? For the most part no. Can I do technical things like take my motor apart? Def not. I chose that route. I am greatful to be close freinds with my speed shop and they have always steered me in the right direction. My builds always come out clean / legit and i have the numbers and kills to prove it. Why u bring up my mechanical expertise, is beyond me, it has absolutely nothing to do with what is being discussed. I give my advise on personal experience on what has worked for me, what has been done to my car, and whay i feel is the best option for members cost wise and result wise. I ran a jrsc meth injection . At one point on eph I made the most power on a jrsc a3 (255whp) untill Dan made 272 whp also on meth. Do I think ur advise here is wrong? No I dont. But it seems the most illogical way for the goals we are discussing . I do not wish to argue with u on someone else's thread build. I gave my advise and said my points.

To the Op and gtec, here is a thread from crsx, u will find detail info on meth, plus install guides, plus dyno sheets to show u its effectiveness, if u are considering this route
    http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...th+supercharge
    Last edited by superchargedk20; 05-13-2013 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    I'm not butt hurt at all. Can I do work myself? Yes I can ( i used to be a kid on a high school budget too like everyone else). Do i chose to work on my car? For the most part no. Can I do technical things like take my motor apart? Def not. I chose that route. I am greatful to be close freinds with my speed shop and they have always steered me in the right direction. My builds always come out clean / legit and i have the numbers and kills to prove it. Why u bring up my mechanical expertise, is beyond me, it has absolutely nothing to do with what is being discussed. I give my advise on personal experience on what has worked for me, what has been done to my car, and whay i feel is the best option for members cost wise and result wise. I ran a jrsc meth injection . At one point on eph I made the most power on a jrsc a3 (255whp) untill Dan made 272 whp also on meth. Do I think ur advise here is wrong? No I dont. But it seems the most illogical way for the goals we are discussing . I do not wish to argue with u on someone else's thread build. I gave my advise and said my points.

To the Op and gtec, here is a thread from crsx, u will find detail info on meth, plus install guides, plus dyno sheets to show u its effectiveness, if u are considering this route
    http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...th+supercharge
    Cool thanks. I think ill be happy if i reach 220whp with just i/rh/e kpro and a good tune.

Quote Originally Posted by klik View Post
    Cool thanks. I think ill be happy if i reach 220whp with just i/rh/e kpro and a good tune.
    U say that now young padawon.... but once the bug bites it bites hard. I remember when I said I would be happy with 220 whp.... Lasted maybe that summer lol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information