Close

Calibrate TPS (Throttle Position Sensor)

Hey guys, I am in need of some help. I DID indeed use the search function . After searching and reading through numerous and various threads off of ephatch, HT, crsx/cep3, etc.. I am still unsure of how to do this. I have tried, however it just seems impossible to get the voltmeter prongs to backprobe the tps connector, due to the position that the tps is in. If someone can please show me how to do this on an ep3, that would be very helpful. Thanks

might need to remove the upper core support. I did mine while it was out and I couldnt imagine doing it with it in. then center wire .5 volts and yer good.

darn, that's a bit upsetting. I'd imagine it is quite a pain in the a** to remove the upper core support?

So today, I tried again, didn't quite get it. There are 3 wires running to the TPS. Green, Red, And Yellow. I was able to get 12V from the Green (Neg), but Red and Yellow both gave me <5V. Not sure why.. But isn't Red (Pos) supposed to give me 12V and the yellow one supposed to give me .48 CT and 4.5 WOT?

Thread Information