Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar

My surprising numbers

So this is the story of my now stock car.

long story short, Z1 blew up due to the block i was sold being rebuilt without me knowing and of course the crank let go. so

k20a3
    Spoon 4-2-1 race header
    Vibrant de-res 2.5" midpipe, DC5 Spec.
    custom axleback
    BDL 70mm tb
    3" short ram intake
    270cc injectors
    4.7fd 6speed trans

final numbers 179.8whp 145trq.

essentially i can give a fuck about the number, the car drives completely different and as the dyno numbers show, regardless there is a big difference in the start mapping and end mapping, therefore the car is a fucking animal now.

PS, still waiting to get a crack at some 8th gen SI's

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Zzzzzzzz

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    fuck yourself .. you just put yourself at the top of the shit list when the new setup is done.. lol

No more cheap type r parts foe u!

Vtec killer?

Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post

So this is the story of my now stock car.

long story short, Z1 blew up due to the block i was sold being rebuilt without me knowing and of course the crank let go. so

k20a3
    Spoon 4-2-1 race header
    Vibrant de-res 2.5" midpipe, DC5 Spec.
    custom axleback
    BDL 70mm tb
    3" short ram intake
    270cc injectors
    4.7fd 6speed trans

final numbers 179.8whp 145trq.

essentially i can give a fuck about the number, the car drives completely different and as the dyno numbers show, regardless there is a big difference in the start mapping and end mapping, therefore the car is a fucking animal now.

PS, still waiting to get a crack at some 8th gen SI's

If you were closer, Id let you "get a crack" at my 8th gen. I dont think you would like it :)

Quote Originally Posted by HFPcivicSI View Post
    If you were closer, Id let you "get a crack" at my 8th gen. I dont think you would like it :)
    If he had a 5.0 fd he would leave you all day lol

your 8th gen is GAY.

Quote Originally Posted by klik View Post
    your 8th gen is GAY.
    And your a little punk b1tch who gets into name calling. Whats up with that? Cant have an adult conversation without name calling? Sounds like your trying to compensate for something. Most likely, LDS.... Little D1ck Syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead228 View Post
    If he had a 5.0 fd he would leave you all day lol
    And if he had a rainbow unicorn.. blah blah blah.

Ive owned a ep3, modded it - check my build section. It would of been turbo'd if the car didnt get totaled by a drunk driver. (Which, now - I am glad it did it BEFORE I went turbo). OP is the one that said he cant wait to "take on" a 8th gen, not me. As an owner, and a EP3 owner, I would say thats not the best move to make, if both cars are modded

He is running 270cc injectors? My car wouldnt even run with something that low. I am running the RDX injectors (410cc)

My 8th gen is FAR from stock. Hytech cams, flashpro, comptech full exhaust, comptech header, Mishi intake, RDX injectors, VitViper tuned, HFP rims, comptech rear sway, and other stuff I have. Summer its getting the rotrex kit, just waiting on the check for my settlement from being hit by the drunk driver. 360hp with just bolting the s/c up. My setup falls right in the 235hp range NA. So 118hp per liter. Pretty sweet numbers for NA. The OP is at like 90hp per liter? Big difference.

The USA Ep3 = NO LSD, weak vtec on stock motor - The USA market gets the watered down version of the real car. Basically, its the same performance as a base RSX. (no big deal there, thats for sure).

I LIKE the ep3. Just like I like the EM1. The OP, with his modlist - I bet the car is loud, obnoxious, and faster than a stock ep3, but so is the honda mini-van. I dont think its going to "take down" a similarly modded 8th gen. My car is quiet, and more "grown up". It doesnt make ANY noticeable noise until you romp on it, or until the vtec engagement point. Its kind of deceptive. The idle is a little deeper due to the cams, but aside from that, it rides almost like stock until you start banging gears.

Just go look at ANY of the reviews of people who upgraded from the ep3 to the 8thgen coupe or sedan. There are quite a few on here. Its a better car - It just doesnt feel as much like a go-kart. Its refined, and better for several reasons. The motor being one of them.

I still like the ep3s. Not sure why Klit is trying to bash me or my 8thgen?? I have plenty of friends on this site still. No need to try to be a d1ck. The 8th gen is a revised, newer, and more powerful car than the ep3. If you want to talk about mods, the aftermarket is WAY larger for the 8th gen, then anything being offered by the late, older, lower powered ep3.
    Last edited by HFPcivicSI; 05-16-2013 at 08:45 AM.

i got 4 questions
    1. is it a vtec killer setup
    2. what octane gas
    3. what intake manifold
    4. what shop did u go to

And your a little punk b1tch who gets into name calling. Whats up with that? Cant have an adult conversation without name calling? Sounds like your trying to compensate for something. Most likely, LDS.... Little D1ck Syndrome.
    I'm pretty sure he's joking

Very good similar to my n/a days I made 188.9 hp and 169.6tq

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he's joking
    I wouldnt sit here and call another members SI "gay" - Maybe I didnt find any humor in the statement, I thought we were all supposed to get along. I've been a hatch member for quite a while. THe OP just stated he wanted a "crack" at one, and I would certainly entertain that race idea, and I wish he was closer. I didnt say anything negative to the OP or call people names - but for some reason my car was referred to as "gay". No hard feelings with anyone, I still have quite a few friends on here. If you go back and look at any of my old posts/threads, I have never been a basher or sh1t talker. Usually when people have to resort to that - they are either a) insecure, b) are jelly, or c) have something REALLY nasty under the hood that makes tons of power.

To anyone that hasnt driven the 8th gen, I recommend giving it a shot. With the right mods, its a pretty quick NA car. And there are TONS of boost options too.

I wouldnt sit here and call another members SI "gay" - Maybe I didnt find any humor in the statement, I thought we were all supposed to get along. I've been a hatch member for quite a while. THe OP just stated he wanted a "crack" at one, and I would certainly entertain that race idea, and I wish he was closer. I didnt say anything negative to the OP or call people names - but for some reason my car was referred to as "gay". No hard feelings with anyone, I still have quite a few friends on here. If you go back and look at any of my old posts/threads, I have never been a basher or sh1t talker. Usually when people have to resort to that - they are either a) insecure, b) are jelly, or c) have something REALLY nasty under the hood that makes tons of power.

To anyone that hasnt driven the 8th gen, I recommend giving it a shot. With the right mods, its a pretty quick NA car. And there are TONS of boost options too.
    Lol men some people cant take jokes nowadays. Chill bro. Im sorry if i offend you but real talk tho that 8th gen is still slow lol. (joke)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information