Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    ^^ I knew it was a joke :). I first posted Zzzzz. Op knew right off the bat I was joking

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    ^^ I knew it was a joke :). I first posted Zzzzz. Op knew right off the bat I was joking
    Lol right? Im an OG in this site i joined way back in 2003 after i got my ep. I like to joke around here and there cause in the end of the day its just all fun and gravy hehehe.

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 05ep3si View Post
    i got 4 questions
    1. is it a vtec killer setup
    2. what octane gas
    3. what intake manifold
    4. what shop did u go to
    1. Nope
    2. 93 octane
    3. PRB with 70mm BDL and 3" CAI
    4. Marsh Tuning in wallingford CT. Dyno Dynamics roller.

Quote Originally Posted by HFPcivicSI View Post
    And if he had a rainbow unicorn.. blah blah blah.

Ive owned a ep3, modded it - check my build section. It would of been turbo'd if the car didnt get totaled by a drunk driver. (Which, now - I am glad it did it BEFORE I went turbo). OP is the one that said he cant wait to "take on" a 8th gen, not me. As an owner, and a EP3 owner, I would say thats not the best move to make, if both cars are modded

He is running 270cc injectors? My car wouldnt even run with something that low. I am running the RDX injectors (410cc)

My 8th gen is FAR from stock. Hytech cams, flashpro, comptech full exhaust, comptech header, Mishi intake, RDX injectors, VitViper tuned, HFP rims, comptech rear sway, and other stuff I have. Summer its getting the rotrex kit, just waiting on the check for my settlement from being hit by the drunk driver. 360hp with just bolting the s/c up. My setup falls right in the 235hp range NA. So 118hp per liter. Pretty sweet numbers for NA. The OP is at like 90hp per liter? Big difference.

The USA Ep3 = NO LSD, weak vtec on stock motor - The USA market gets the watered down version of the real car. Basically, its the same performance as a base RSX. (no big deal there, thats for sure).

I LIKE the ep3. Just like I like the EM1. The OP, with his modlist - I bet the car is loud, obnoxious, and faster than a stock ep3, but so is the honda mini-van. I dont think its going to "take down" a similarly modded 8th gen. My car is quiet, and more "grown up". It doesnt make ANY noticeable noise until you romp on it, or until the vtec engagement point. Its kind of deceptive. The idle is a little deeper due to the cams, but aside from that, it rides almost like stock until you start banging gears.

Just go look at ANY of the reviews of people who upgraded from the ep3 to the 8thgen coupe or sedan. There are quite a few on here. Its a better car - It just doesnt feel as much like a go-kart. Its refined, and better for several reasons. The motor being one of them.

I still like the ep3s. Not sure why Klit is trying to bash me or my 8thgen?? I have plenty of friends on this site still. No need to try to be a d1ck. The 8th gen is a revised, newer, and more powerful car than the ep3. If you want to talk about mods, the aftermarket is WAY larger for the 8th gen, then anything being offered by the late, older, lower powered ep3.
    Ok first to answer you properly. I am not new to modifying an EP3. My car has definitely been faster than your bolt on 8th. It was turbo'd at one point and quite frankly i'm past that phase at the moment. The car had a K20Z1 in it with the same transmission that the 8th gens come with, add my bolt ons and hey, guess what, an 8th with bolt on's would not fuck with a lighter car. A stock 8th gen makes the same power that my car has made currently so when i speak about them i was referring to a stock one to see what would happen.

shit just got real...
    be jealous :P

Lol yup it got real (ep3 ftw) nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by ImportCustomx View Post
    shit just got real...
    How so? And whats the big deal going on here? The guy said he wanted to catch a race with a 8thgen, and I said if he is ever in town, hit me up and I'd let him run mine. What just got "real" in here? Drama, oh yes.. the drama...

Despite what the OP may think, I am in my mid 30's, and have (and had) vehicles that are plenty fast lol. My ep3 was my beater car, and was still nicely modded. To me, I just wanted to build something that was reliable, fun to drive.

Just a little FYI (as if you care about my other vehicles) - my "other" honda dyno'd out at 10 less HP than your Ep3. Its a CBR1kRR with a HRC built motor in it. It weighs all of 440lbs or so. So regardless of how "fast" your previous turbo vehicle is/was, I doubt it was really as fast as you think it was. When I think of fast, I dont usually think of a car some young guy built on a forum.. I think of either hypercars, exotics, or bikes. And none of that 600cc pansy bullsh1t.

Just for the record op is in his mid 20's and a Honda tech. " some car a young guy built on a forum" is a little far fetched

Lol .. I dont ride.. I could give two fucks about a bike... I wanna feel that speed i got a few A10 gtrs to ride in.. Beauty of being involved and being positive is that you meet people and get introduced to things. Basically if you don't care about going fast in a car don't talk shit to someone that has been further on a subject than you have. I will not knock u on a bike.. I'll just tell you to ride safe and wish you the best. As far as the whole age thing, well experience is all that matters.. My car has seen my experiments than most and the only thing i have not done is supercharge or run nitrous, because both have no interest to me.

Im blabbing.. Anyways i was just trying to share my most recent endeavour, and i was just trying to inform you all. Thanks for reading.. Any more questions feel free to ask

those are really nice numbers.

if anything ever happened to my ep3 and the engine survived, i would drop my k20a into a 8th series sedan in a second.
    only major change and positive at that, would be the throttle. using my enigine would delete drive by wire.

Hahahaha that young guy built is funny. I remember a young guy who built a 8th gen civic si the guy was cool until he got smoke by a toyota sienna lmfao. Now that sienna was fast tsk..tsk..tsk..

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    Just for the record op is in his mid 20's and a Honda tech. " some car a young guy built on a forum" is a little far fetched
    I think your comments are getting further from what I said. First, I NEVER said anything about the OP. Did I??????? Your taking my statement, and twisting it to fit your statements. I never said he was young, old, a tech, or a priest. Did I??? Please point out where I specifically said that about him. I said when I think of fast cars I dont usually think of what a YOUNG person on a forum built. That was not directed at him, you, or anyone else. Its telling you what *I* think of, when I think of fast cars. If I would of MEANT the OP, I would of SAID his name. I didnt. I made a GENERAL statement.

I said EXACTLY THIS:
    When I think of fast, I dont usually think of a car some young guy built on a forum.. I think of either hypercars, exotics, or bikes.

Thats not a knock on the OP, YOU, or anyone else. But its stating WHAT I THINK. When I think of something "fast" it is either full blown drag cars, or high end exotics or supersport bikes. I did not say the guys car was fast, slow, or anything in between. If you can find in my posts where I knocked the guys ride please point it out.

How does this shit keep getting twisted? Never said anything negative about the OP, or you. You seem to be on my nuts about each comment I make, but now I am wondering about reading comprehension in this thread.

I NEVER referenced the guys age, or anything like that. GO BACK AND read my post. I think you are interpreting it how YOU want me to sound. But thats just it. I expressed my opinion on what fast is. If you are interpreting that as a slam against the OP, thats YOUR freaking problem man.

The OP said he wanted to catch a run against a 8th gen, and I said I'd be down, if he ever is in the area. Most likely it wouldnt happen, but who knows maybe he has family or something in PA/MD or something.

There is no problems with anyone on here, and I still enjoy the EP3.

And just so you guys understand how life works - there is ALWAYS someone with something bigger, better, faster, lower, whatever whatever - more than what I have, or you have, or what your friends have. Its life.

I didnt know when the OP was "calling out" a 8th gen, that by me responding, I would be the enemy, even though I owned the same car you guys all have.... If it was up to ME, I would own both cars. But mine got taken away by a drunk driver.
    Last edited by HFPcivicSI; 05-16-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    Lol .. I dont ride.. I could give two fucks about a bike... I wanna feel that speed i got a few A10 gtrs to ride in.. Beauty of being involved and being positive is that you meet people and get introduced to things. Basically if you don't care about going fast in a car don't talk shit to someone that has been further on a subject than you have. I will not knock u on a bike.. I'll just tell you to ride safe and wish you the best. As far as the whole age thing, well experience is all that matters.. My car has seen my experiments than most and the only thing i have not done is supercharge or run nitrous, because both have no interest to me.

Im blabbing.. Anyways i was just trying to share my most recent endeavour, and i was just trying to inform you all. Thanks for reading.. Any more questions feel free to ask
    My last post in your thread -since its your thread - Your saying I am talking "shit"? Where did that come from?? I am not that type of guy, and no one here is talking shit, except klit... And how do you know that you have been further into projects than I have? I am older than you (now that your age bracket has been revealed by someone else, who said your in your 20's) I would bet my house, that I have been modding longer than you. And the only reason for that? Is that I am older. Nothing to do with money, or lack of knowledge or anything like that. I dont get where you think I was talking shit about your ride. Infact, for you to get around 180hp is reasonable out of this car, and is most likely fun to drive around in.

The most extreme project I have done was a chevy engine into a porsche 928 from Renegade Hybrids. That car put down 430hp back when I was 22. The porsche motor was taken out because it was an interference engine, and the previous owner snapped a belt, wiping everything out. I rebuilt that car with my father before he died. I got the shell for free, and only had to pay for the chevy motor.

I had to get rid of the car, because ALL the other things were going wrong with it, and it was an older 928. (I dont know if you know about porsche's or what) but then I purchased a 944 turbo S. Those cars used can still go upwards of $15k or more if they are mint low mileage, and they are 20 something years old. Ive owned everything from mustangs (supercharged), porsche's (2) (one turbo, one motor swap) , bmw (e36), VR4 mitsu, supercharged, then turbo charged tC and a few hondas and about 10 different bikes, and lots of other things. I dont understand how your saying I have no experience with projects, so I should stop talking shit... I have plenty of experience. All my "fun" cars have always been modded. I have been turbo'd, S/C'd, NA, and nitrous. The Nitro was put on a car that was already destroyed (a conquest TSi) , just to finish it off, so no, its not like it was tuned with it. But I have been hands on, on all my projects. So I cant say you have more OR less experience than me, and you cant say that either.

Anyways, Im going to drop it. The whole thing started because I simply said I would run you with my 8th, but I was saying my car was not stock.

I wish you the best of luck with your car. Take it easy, and calm down. Dont be so defensive. You called out wanting to run a 8th for FUN, and I responded, in FUN. Nothing was said about you, or your car that was negative. I think everyone here needs to chill out and smoke a doob.
    Last edited by HFPcivicSI; 05-16-2013 at 04:48 PM.

My last post in your thread -since its your thread - Your saying I am talking "shit"? Where did that come from?? I am not that type of guy, and no one here is talking shit, except klit... And how do you know that you have been further into projects than I have? I am older than you (now that your age bracket has been revealed by someone else, who said your in your 20's) I would bet my house, that I have been modding longer than you. And the only reason for that? Is that I am older. Nothing to do with money, or lack of knowledge or anything like that. I dont get where you think I was talking shit about your ride. Infact, for you to get around 180hp is reasonable out of this car, and is most likely fun to drive around in.

The most extreme project I have done was a chevy engine into a porsche 928 from Renegade Hybrids. That car put down 430hp back when I was 22. The porsche motor was taken out because it was an interference engine, and the previous owner snapped a belt, wiping everything out. I rebuilt that car with my father before he died. I got the shell for free, and only had to pay for the chevy motor.

I had to get rid of the car, because ALL the other things were going wrong with it, and it was an older 928. (I dont know if you know about porsche's or what) but then I purchased a 944 turbo S. Those cars used can still go upwards of $15k or more if they are mint low mileage, and they are 20 something years old. Ive owned everything from mustangs (supercharged), porsche's (2) (one turbo, one motor swap) , bmw (e36), VR4 mitsu, supercharged, then turbo charged tC and a few hondas and about 10 different bikes, and lots of other things. I dont understand how your saying I have no experience with projects, so I should stop talking shit... I have plenty of experience. All my "fun" cars have always been modded. I have been turbo'd, S/C'd, NA, and nitrous. The Nitro was put on a car that was already destroyed (a conquest TSi) , just to finish it off, so no, its not like it was tuned with it. But I have been hands on, on all my projects. So I cant say you have more OR less experience than me, and you cant say that either.

Anyways, Im going to drop it. The whole thing started because I simply said I would run you with my 8th, but I was saying my car was not stock.

I wish you the best of luck with your car. Take it easy, and calm down. Dont be so defensive. You called out wanting to run a 8th for FUN, and I responded, in FUN. Nothing was said about you, or your car that was negative. I think everyone here needs to chill out and smoke a doob.
    COOL STORY BRO! Tell it again...

The only one that's getting out of hand is you. Klik was joking and u obviously got butt hurt by him calling ur car gay. Everyone except you knew he was kidding. He flat out said he was joking but yet u continue to call him "klit" when u refer to him

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information