Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

my GREDDY KIT "Build up" + Kpro

So i recently purchased a used kit from the classifieds:

I feel like got a good deal on this kit. Granted it is/was in need of some major TLC! But it should work great for my goals (240ish HP, +200 tq).

some of the major concerns with the kit were already addressed including:
    - oil lines from fastturbo.com
    - this kit came with a FMIC and authentic BOV (Greddy sells the kit without either)
    - i will be using Kpro
    - i repaired the crack prone manifold

issues with the kit i bought:
    - cracked mani
    - bent IC charge pipes
    - dirty as fu' !
    - needs intake filter or new set up (looking into K&N p.n. 9380)
    - missing couplers and misc fittings

what i have done:
    - clean clean clean
    - prime and paint with appropriate heat rated paint
    - salvaged all but one bent pipe. will be replacing a section with silicone elbow
    - repaired cracked mani
    - DEI Ti Wrapped downpipe. used left over on intake pipe : )

Things i need in no order:
    - IC couplers including elbow to replace bent section of charge pipe
    - Injector Clips for RC's
    - oil feed fitting and restrictor
    - boost gauge/pod
    - oil pan drain bung
    - *more to come im sure!

Later:
    - clutch
    - boost controller
    - pro tune
    - boost controller
    - *more to come im sure!

i plan to complete and go through the kit
    1) cleaning and painting what i can
    2) fix what i need to
    3) make sure i have EVERYTHING to run including base tune before install

im not exactly a stranger to boost, i used to have DSM's... but i do have a few questions regarding this kit and specifics about running it on this car.
    i will get to those as i go and will be posting as many pics as possible with my progress : )

kits overlook as of 5.15.13
    Last edited by tlikethedrink; 05-20-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Also those out there that still run the Greddy kit please chime in with expreiences/tips/tricks/numbers/kals and such!

RESERVED for future posts and pictures

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    nice pickup and progress so far.. i like it. what questions did you have? i never had a greddy kit but i did put together a kit for mine

Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    nice pickup and progress so far.. i like it. what questions did you have? i never had a greddy kit but i did put together a kit for mine
    Thanks gt.

The first thing I had seen that got me scratching my head was the "restrictor" in the turbo inlet. But that must be because emanage isn't programable right? I do plan on starting and running the car with the greddy Kal on kpro. Would I have to run that " restrictor"? Or can I just toss it? Boost should be limited by the wastegate right?

What kind of clutch should I start shopping for? I want something that's decent for DD.

Rsx guys have issues with the windshield washer bottle- will I?

I'm sure ill have more questions as I go : )

Also should I run the rc440s inj. or mod my stock ones?

I had this kit on my old rsx and their washer bottles are on the opposite side so you'll be good with that

Quote Originally Posted by 303EP View Post
    I had this kit on my old rsx and their washer bottles are on the opposite side so you'll be good with that
    Good to know!

Did you run the "restrictor" in the inlet?

Mod your stock injectors if you can, it will be so much easier to tune and you will give yourself more fuel headroom.

I used the Kpro base map for the longest time and it proved to be very reliable for me. Obviously a custom tune is recommened but the base map is safe enough to beat on the car with it.

That Greddy intecooler is shit compared even to the eBay intercoolers. Look at 04EPHatch (I think that's his screen name) that has the milano red painted EP in PA he went from the GReddy intercooler to the CXRacing/Godspeed vertical flow and gained horsepower, less pressure loss and gained responsiveness.

In fact, I have a CXRacing intercooler and 2.5" piping kit. I would let it go at a super reasonable price for my fellow EPhatche. I've been sitting on it for awhile but I think i'm going to use something different and possibly a 3" or 2.75" piping kit.

I used the GReddy kit for over 1 and a half. If you any questions, concerns, specs, anything drop me a line in my PM box and I'll get back you as soon as I can. I'll let you have my phone number to so you can text if you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by USAF EP3 View Post
    Mod your stock injectors if you can, it will be so much easier to tune and you will give yourself more fuel headroom.

I used the Kpro base map for the longest time and it proved to be very reliable for me. Obviously a custom tune is recommened but the base map is safe enough to beat on the car with it.

That Greddy intecooler is shit compared even to the eBay intercoolers. Look at 04EPHatch (I think that's his screen name) that has the milano red painted EP in PA he went from the GReddy intercooler to the CXRacing/Godspeed vertical flow and gained horsepower, less pressure loss and gained responsiveness.

In fact, I have a CXRacing intercooler and 2.5" piping kit. I would let it go at a super reasonable price for my fellow EPhatche. I've been sitting on it for awhile but I think i'm going to use something different and possibly a 3" or 2.75" piping kit.

I used the GReddy kit for over 1 and a half. If you any questions, concerns, specs, anything drop me a line in my PM box and I'll get back you as soon as I can. I'll let you have my phone number to so you can text if you need help.
    Much appreciated! Look for a pm soon.

Looks like ill be putting those rc's up for sale! I would rather mod the injectors than the harness. I was going to buy the clips but they're $$$.

For now i just want to get it going- I've looked into the CX intercooler ( I love the look of vertical IC's). Plus I want to run as close as I can to the factory greddy setup to run the greddy kal.

The Greddy kal was actually tuned without an intercooler. Adding an efficient intercooler was recommended in the notes section to help the engine make more power. Trust me you won't be hurting anything if you use the vertical flow kit. It was made for those that got the bare bones kit. I actually ran it that way until I got my hands on an intercooler kit. That's the only time you need to run the inlet restrictor, otherwise you can toss that sucker away.

The base map Hondata loads is stupid safe, with the RC 440's I was running around 11.1-11.5 A/F ratio numbers but they maxed out very fast around 7400 RPM. I was seeing around 85-90% duty at redline, so knowing that the stock injectors can mod up to 490cc you will net some leeway there.

Quote Originally Posted by USAF EP3 View Post
    The base map Hondata loads is stupid safe, with the RC 440's I was running around 11.1-11.5 A/F ratio numbers but they maxed out very fast around 7400 RPM. I was seeing around 85-90% duty at redline, so knowing that the stock injectors can mod up to 490cc you will net some leeway there.
    Excatly what I wanted to hear : )

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tlikethedrink View Post
    Thanks gt.

The first thing I had seen that got me scratching my head was the "restrictor" in the turbo inlet. But that must be because emanage isn't programable right? I do plan on starting and running the car with the greddy Kal on kpro. Would I have to run that " restrictor"? Or can I just toss it? Boost should be limited by the wastegate right?

What kind of clutch should I start shopping for? I want something that's decent for DD.

Rsx guys have issues with the windshield washer bottle- will I?

I'm sure ill have more questions as I go : )
    yeah no need for any restrictor the wg spring pressure should be enough. i would honestly shop for a better injector, i had good luck on my siemens 580cc, and dan 04ephatch runs the FIC 650cc. we were both tuned at the same shop and if you have a good shop close to you nothing beats a map that was built for your car, but as stated before, the basemaps are ok to beat around on, just don't go all crazy adjusting boost pressure. as far as the clutch goes, try to get a strong fullfaced disk to get more of a natural DD feeling. i Ran a clutchmasters stage 2 and that didnt hold on my power, which was slightly under 300whp, but i swapped to a competition stage 4 which is good but they dont last long at all. so i recommend a spec Stage 2+ or something similar with a fullface and obvsiously sprung if its gonna be DD.

Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    yeah no need for any restrictor the wg spring pressure should be enough. i would honestly shop for a better injector, i had good luck on my siemens 580cc, and dan 04ephatch runs the FIC 650cc. we were both tuned at the same shop and if you have a good shop close to you nothing beats a map that was built for your car, but as stated before, the basemaps are ok to beat around on, just don't go all crazy adjusting boost pressure. as far as the clutch goes, try to get a strong fullfaced disk to get more of a natural DD feeling. i Ran a clutchmasters stage 2 and that didnt hold on my power, which was slightly under 300whp, but i swapped to a competition stage 4 which is good but they dont last long at all. so i recommend a spec Stage 2+ or something similar with a fullface and obvsiously sprung if its gonna be DD.
    Clutchmasters makes a "Stage 3" full face ceramic clutch. It's a little pricey but worth every penny. My close friend bought it after I recommended it to him as he's putting a turbo on the A3 as well.

It will give you the closest possible feeling of stock pedal pressure but at the same time hold anything below 350WHP. Anything close or above that you're going to need a puck style disc.

:Picked up a Greddy boost gauge- new old stock, brand new in box... Brand whoring a little bit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information