Close

02 JDM CTR to 04 EDM FACELIFT HEADLIGHT

Hi Guys,

i'm from Melbourne Australia i have a 02 JDM CTR with factory HID kit and wanting to change to 04 EDM Facelift Headlights using an aftermarket H1 HID kit.I 've read countless conversion threads and DIY's and none seem to match up to the wiring already on my car as most conversion guides and DIY's are of NON-HID prefacelift EP3's to Facelift headlights.

My car doesn't have the H4 plug for the headlight as it was never halogen all i have is a two contact HID ballast plug, side indicator plug and daylight light plug. I am well aware that my standard headlights are H4 hi/lo and im wanting to separate those to for my facelift projector housings H1 low and Hb3 for Hi-beams.

And also the headlight did not come with level motors, but my car never came with that feature even with the stock JDM CTR hid lights so im hoping thats not an issue, would i still be able to adjust the lights manually?

i was wondering if anyone can help me out or lead me in the right direction?

Hey there I think the reason you haven't had a response yet is because the forum members here are mainly USDM drivers. The US cars did not have CTR options. You may want to try the UK CTR forum.

Regarding adjustment sans leveling. You can always add the leveling switch and wiring if your new housings have the motors built in. If you choose not to do that, you should still be able to adjust them normally via screws on the back of the housing.

You can honestly make your own conversion harness if you can find all the correct male and female plugs/pigtails to build the harness. All you need is a few pigtail, a couple relays, and some wire. If you can't find a female pigtail for the factory ballast plug I could walk you through how to safely get around that.

Thread Information