Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OG Lurker
    +1 For RBB

I'm running an 08 k24a2 with a custom 3.5CAI 50gearand couldnt be happier with the RBB.

Just keep in mind there is an RBB v2 version out there from the newer TSXs when they changed the engines in 07. There was a dyno on club tsx comparing the RBB v1 and the RBB v2, and the v2 gave out like 2 more Hp/torque across the entire revband.

Quote Originally Posted by ryboto View Post
    Well, I have a 2.5'', no sense in replacing the exhaust now that I've spent the time and money on this one. I have the karcept adapter, RBB wouldn't work without it. I don't see the point in the RBC if I don't buy new cams.
    What's the point of buying the same rbb? Just to get it port march and get stuck with another one..

Quote Originally Posted by differentK View Post
    if you are using the RBB manifold- no off the shelf CAI will fit for you.
    not true, the injen CAI WILL fit and quite nicely:

Ryboto: I would trust Slip on his opinion of the RBB / RBC, he has always had good advice for me that turned out to be true when it came to k24s

heres my 2 cents. dont waste money on a throttle body. in your position i would definitely start with the thermal intake gasket and a CAI. its amazing what cooler air intake temps can do for the power of an engine.

also, i dont know why everyone is so obsessed with the rbc and rbb. im running a port matched/ slightly polished prb on my k24a2 and made 230hp and 205tq. granted it was on a dynapack which is said to read slightly higher than a dynojet. the best part about the prb is that it allows you to run any ep3 air intake. and if your worried about tapping the water port, dont be, it takes 5 minutes.

Well, I found out I have an 05 intake cam in the engine...so, now that opens up plans for the future....Staying NA, what should I save up for(aside from stage 2 cams?) to make the most power I can? These would still need to be upgrades I could install without pulling the engine...
    -cams, oil pump...back to RBC again?

edit- got the CAI installed, might move the battery in the future to shorten the tubing. Will install the IMG when I install the 50*VTC enventually...

Last edited by ryboto; 06-29-2013 at 06:35 PM.

I like that in take set up. Can you pm me list of parts and how you did that cai. Thanks! are you using velocity stack type filter.

So, right now I'm looking at some IPS KME 11 cams for sale....should I jump on em? What else would I need for these to work in a stock K24A2? Springs? Retainers? Anything else?

edit- Guess they weren't for sale :( What's the next best thing?

edit- research has led me to SVM, Drag Cartel(DIC or 2.2?), and Prayoonto(Stage 2?)...just not sure which is the best for 50*VTC, and if the 50*VTC is even necessary to make the most power?
    Last edited by ryboto; 07-01-2013 at 01:47 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information