Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i read in a couple places here an there that without upgraded cams its useless, but what if im running all that?^^^ also, i've heard that replacing the stock k20a3 cams with better ones usually doesnt end well and ends up creating a problem for the k20a3?

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    dude.. before you buy anything.. buy the kpro first.. if u have that.. good. stop everything else and think about where you want to be ultimately. the difference you experience by doing a turbo setup or supercharger is exponentially bigger than bolt ons and a tune. trust me, anyone that knows my car knows i've been down every street with it and made ALOT of mistakes about what i want.

bolt ons are cool but- when i was turbo, the car was in a whole different league that i was not ready for. for one, it was my daily, and i beat on my car alot, which all the turbo guys can tell you it's not really what you want to do especially when you make good power, shit breaks.

my most fun i had with my car was when it was K20Z1 swapped, reliable, significantly quicker than my stock a3, not as fast as the A3 on boost, but revving to 8600rpms with a 6 speed trans does not get more fun in a car you drive every day.

enough preaching though. just think about what you want out of the car engine wise, do it once and be happy, thats the best advice i can give you, and no you wont be happy with a stock or cammed a3 unless it's boosted no matter what you have for bolt ons. and if you want a good difference before you decide on your engine mods, buy a 6 speed trans and do a 4.7fd with the SI/TSX/FD2 6th

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information