Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pictures of your re-located battery!

Im tossing the idea around and i would like to see what others have actually done.

So please,
    if you have re-located your battery, post a picture and tell the pro's and con's of where you located it to and how you ran your cables.

i did a search, but found no pics of various set ups.

thanks in advance!
    Last edited by mussh; 06-14-2013 at 05:27 PM.

+1 on this i wanna see too. Ive always wanted to do this.

only con, it isnt hard mounted to the trunk.. its just mounted to the cheap ass partical board cover so on hard bumps in bounces lol.. but its been like that for 6 years with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by urthworm View Post

only con, it isnt hard mounted to the trunk.. its just mounted to the cheap ass partical board cover so on hard bumps in bounces lol.. but its been like that for 6 years with no problems.
    zomg what brace is that??

anyone re located their battery under the hood?.......
    i think this is the route i will take............ i just need it out of the way when i install my polished rbc. i want to make a custom cold air and the battery is right where i want to go.

Quote Originally Posted by mussh View Post
    anyone re located their battery under the hood?.......
    i think this is the route i will take............ i just need it out of the way when i install my polished rbc. i want to make a custom cold air and the battery is right where i want to go.
    I have been thinking about eventually moving the battery to above the tranny,so kinda just shifting it back towards the firewall a foot or so.Have to make a tray mount so everything is stable.I have been too busy to tinker on it lately.

Quote Originally Posted by b.hog View Post
    I have been thinking about eventually moving the battery to above the tranny,so kinda just shifting it back towards the firewall a foot or so.Have to make a tray mount so everything is stable.I have been too busy to tinker on it lately.
    I want to do this, or something similar...please remember to post pics if you get around to it before I do!

I located mine under the passenger seat inside a case to protect it from weather and get it out of my way, I havent seen my battery in a year, which is pretty awesome, oh nvm I did a swap, I did have to unhook it for that.

the PC680s are awesome batteries, very impressive and their based off of military technology.

I know someone with a 10 year old odyssey that still works fine, no joke. thats why I bought one, that may not be the norm, but if I get 3 years out of it, that is more than normal in Arizona.

I have left my stereo on for an hour and my car starts fins, headlights on for 20 minutes, car starts fine, I actually have never had to jump it or been nervous about draining the battery too far. I am also running through 8 feet of 0 guage wire.

Quote Originally Posted by captaingamez View Post
    I located mine under the passenger seat inside a case to protect it from weather and get it out of my way, I havent seen my battery in a year, which is pretty awesome, oh nvm I did a swap, I did have to unhook it for that.

the PC680s are awesome batteries, very impressive and their based off of military technology.

I know someone with a 10 year old odyssey that still works fine, no joke. thats why I bought one, that may not be the norm, but if I get 3 years out of it, that is more than normal in Arizona.

I have left my stereo on for an hour and my car starts fins, headlights on for 20 minutes, car starts fine, I actually have never had to jump it or been nervous about draining the battery too far. I am also running through 8 feet of 0 guage wire.
    I have known a guy to get 10 yrs out of one too(was a bigger one but still) and it was abused a lot from winching.I have known a few guys with 5+ yrs on abused odyssey's.They're not that much more.

looks awesome so far wonder how creative you can get on relos?

Mine is under the passenger headlight.

Also X2 on where to get that brace!

i have a similar x brace set up in my car.
    it is made from rsx spec c-pillar bars.
    just get creative and you to can have one.

Saw this while on vacay but could not get pics until i was back.

Battery mounted in trunk for cheap using 2 large hose clamps, and rubber weather stripping.

The hose clamps loop through a small gap in a bracket that normally holds the tire, you cant see it in the picture, but you will see it if you open your own trunk.

Not bling but very effective. note wood reinforced trunk cover so that i can still use the trunk.

Engine bay.

if you look closely, just under the Injen you will see the re-located positive terminal, and the black battery cable attached to it where it comes up from under the car.

I am running the PWJDM/Odyssey set up and have no complaints about it. To do a proper above tranny relocation I would suggest a smaller gel type battery. You can see the fun I had installing my rbc in the thread posted on the engine section.
    For what the PWJDM bracket is, you can make your own with access to some welding and preferably a bending brake/laithe (depending on where you are). You can make it so the battery sits long ways against the frame rail as opposed to along the drive line.
    If I were to do an in cabin relocation it would involve eliminating the rear seat and the battery mounted on the passenger side inside the suspension square. Probably the floor board using a nice heavy Optima red top.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information