Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am running the PWJDM/Odyssey set up and have no complaints about it. To do a proper above tranny relocation I would suggest a smaller gel type battery. You can see the fun I had installing my rbc in the thread posted on the engine section.
    For what the PWJDM bracket is, you can make your own with access to some welding and preferably a bending brake/laithe (depending on where you are). You can make it so the battery sits long ways against the frame rail as opposed to along the drive line.
    If I were to do an in cabin relocation it would involve eliminating the rear seat and the battery mounted on the passenger side inside the suspension square. Probably the floor board using a nice heavy Optima red top.

Alrighty, sorry about the delay. This is the best I can get for you.

A closer look...

And another...

As you can see the new terminals I chose have a couple seperate flying leads, which I liked and found useful, they also added a good 6" of length. I had to cut into the insulation to acquire enough wiring for the positive terminal as you can see. I can not stress this enough. My factory terminals were removed by the previous owner and as such have no honest idea how much slack was eliminated, I HAD to extend my terminals.
    I hope this gives you some idea. Even with the extra work, as I mentioned, the PWJDM kit can be installed in a good 30 minutes working leisurely. Maybe longer, depending on what you have to work with.

thanks tinman5.
    those pictures give a great look at the final product.
    im really considering this route.
    how is the cold cranking amps on the pc680?
    hahaha I just noticed your in texas, your idea of cold is probably 50 degrees.
    how is the pc680 holding up for you? other than weight, would you consider it as powerful as the stock battery?
    Last edited by eP3RoyaLTy; 02-09-2010 at 12:00 PM. Reason: items w/o pics and prices removed.

Cranking power is more than adequate, and yeah, you're right about the cold. Winter doesn't truly set in until mid January. Cold cranking amps begin at 680 for five seconds than go down to something like 580-590 for ten seconds than dip a bit lower. In that regard, I feel it is compareable to a stock battery, BUT, the Odyssey will drain out faster over extended dry cranking. Recovers faster, better construction but if memory serves, a somewhat limited lifespan.
    Considering the OEM bettery is not too much bigger the weight difference is not substantial. Noticeable, but not substantial. I have read a few threads about users in colder climates keeping a power pak or booster to jump start the car on really cold days so that is something you may want to look into and consider.

tinman I like the placement of yours,would keep options open if a guy wanted to switch back and forth between a short ram and cai.(we got 3"of rain here the other day)I like that PWJDM setup and will probably go with that when my current battery dies.

I located mine under the passenger seat inside a case to protect it from weather and get it out of my way, I havent seen my battery in a year, which is pretty awesome, oh nvm I did a swap, I did have to unhook it for that.

the PC680s are awesome batteries, very impressive and their based off of military technology.

I know someone with a 10 year old odyssey that still works fine, no joke. thats why I bought one, that may not be the norm, but if I get 3 years out of it, that is more than normal in Arizona.

I have left my stereo on for an hour and my car starts fins, headlights on for 20 minutes, car starts fine, I actually have never had to jump it or been nervous about draining the battery too far. I am also running through 8 feet of 0 guage wire.

Quote Originally Posted by captaingamez View Post
    I located mine under the passenger seat inside a case to protect it from weather and get it out of my way, I havent seen my battery in a year, which is pretty awesome, oh nvm I did a swap, I did have to unhook it for that.

the PC680s are awesome batteries, very impressive and their based off of military technology.

I know someone with a 10 year old odyssey that still works fine, no joke. thats why I bought one, that may not be the norm, but if I get 3 years out of it, that is more than normal in Arizona.

I have left my stereo on for an hour and my car starts fins, headlights on for 20 minutes, car starts fine, I actually have never had to jump it or been nervous about draining the battery too far. I am also running through 8 feet of 0 guage wire.
    I have known a guy to get 10 yrs out of one too(was a bigger one but still) and it was abused a lot from winching.I have known a few guys with 5+ yrs on abused odyssey's.They're not that much more.

Hoping my PC925 holds up that well.

Saw this while on vacay but could not get pics until i was back.

Battery mounted in trunk for cheap using 2 large hose clamps, and rubber weather stripping.

The hose clamps loop through a small gap in a bracket that normally holds the tire, you cant see it in the picture, but you will see it if you open your own trunk.

Not bling but very effective. note wood reinforced trunk cover so that i can still use the trunk.

Engine bay.

if you look closely, just under the Injen you will see the re-located positive terminal, and the black battery cable attached to it where it comes up from under the car.

Re: Pictures of your re-located battery!

interesting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information