Hey Fellas! First, just wanted to say never posted on ephatch but have been a member for awhile. I've always read posts and found the information that I needed. So just wanted to say Thanks to all the members. Great ep forum.

My current mods are K24A2 swap, header, downpipe, Apexi WS2 catback, injectors, fuel rail, fuel pump, intake, kpro, and other stuff.

So what I just started working on was an iPad mini dash install. For a few months I have been running a headphone jack to RCA's to my amp. I have not had a head unit for sometime. Mainly because I dont want one anymore and my iPhone has everything I need as far as media. I don't listen to the radio. So awhile back I followed Soundman Car Audio on their iPad dash installs. They now install iPad mini's in dash's and make a prefabricated float mount pan. You can find that here: https://shop.soundmanca.com/ipad-min...-pending/dp/16

Pretty pricey but I have to vouch for them it is a really good product. This type of mount does not allow for lighting connector or access to the headphone jack. It is a quick release mount so the passenger can pop out the IPad and so I can easily take it with me. So I will be using a bluetooth to rca module which you can find here: https://shop.soundmanca.com/bluetooth-to-rca/dp/33

You'll see a buddy of mine in a few of these pics who's helping me out and knows a lot more about fiberglass work than I do.

2013061595101908.jpg

First we laid the pan on the dash piece to see how the spacing would work. We first saw that the climate control knobs had to move. Then we saw they could fit right overtop where the shifter is now. So we cut the 3 A/C, rear defroster buttons and decided to move those to the left of the iPad. I will like that better now actually because they will be closer to me (which is not show in this pic). It will be farther to the left and we will be moving the hazard button to the right port hole. As most of you know that dash piece is actually two pieces. So we are fiberglassing both of those together into one to make it all work. I'm also working on the 3 A/C, rear defroster buttons because they will all be vertical now instead of horizontal. WIth the letter on them it will look goofy so I'm figuring out what to do with those. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

20130615_125442.jpg

Then we reinforced the dash piece and tacked cross braces because the area we are dealing with is so small and there are some small, thin plastic pieces after all the cutting. Then we wrapped the dash piece in fleece and began fiberglassing.

We now have the fiberglass complete and almost finished the sanding. So now we can start on body work. Then primer, paint, and clear the thing. We have a pretty cool paint idea planned too. So just wanted to share guys. I WILL be posting up more pics soon. We should have it all done this weekend.

I'm also working with another friend of mine on my iPad. Were working on jailbreaking the iPad and installing some backend software so I can get kpro installed on my iPad. I don't have too many details at this point because he is the guru on that. Which this is one of the main reasons I wanted to this install. I want to be able to at least have live datalogging on my iPad from my kpro because next I'm going turbo. The K24 is hungry and waiting. Its just a challenge because I still want my iPad to fully operate so I can stream music, navigation, web browsing and all that shit in my car.

Stay tuned!!