Close

oem fog light switch with ebay harness

can anybody guide me in the right direction on how to use an oem switch with ebay fog light harness?
    Last edited by BeaterEP; 05-04-2009 at 05:51 AM.

I was hoping someone would reply to this. I just hooked up my Ebay foglights using the provided harness. All went OK except the provided brown plug with the red power wire that goes to the dash mounted foglight switch has left it with power ALL THE TIME. So if I leave it, it will drain the battery. I am not sure why the power is on all the time. I removed the factory brown plug with the white wire with red stripe that was originally going to the original switch. There is also a ?4-5 pin connector just up and to the left of the brown plug that was there from the original foglights but I did not remove it.

Last night I pulled the newly installed brown plug with red wire and the dash mounted foglight switch is no longer on.

I think I'm just going to get a test light and find a wire that works with the ACC on just like on the Spec-D video on youtube.

Anyone know why the new brown plug has constant power to it?

I don't think there is any difference in the switches. I have been researching fog lights and I have found that most ebay kits do not include the two relays required to install the fogs in stock configuration. Here is the location of Hondas Installation Instructions for their dealer installed fog light kit:
    http://www.handa-accessories.com/civic/sifogs.pdf
    There is a schematic of the OEM hookup near the back. I hope this helps you. I have been wondering if the wiring harnesses for aftermarket ebay fog kits include the connectors and are wired for the relays. Do you have any spare connectors on the harnesses that came with your kit? My manual show both relays mounted under the drivers side kick panel. Anybody else out there have any experience with wiring ebay fogs the same as OEMs?

AceEngineer
    Last edited by AceEngineer; 06-24-2014 at 09:38 AM. Reason: clarity

Thread Information