Close

Anyone with 9.5" tread?

I'm about to take the plunge on some Toyo R1R 245/35/17s up front. 9.4" tread but the total width is only 9.7, which is in line with 245/40s. And the diameter is only 23.8" which will help inside the wheel well. The wheel I've found is 17x9, 35 offset. A 9.5 isn't available but tires have stiff sidewalls. The 35 offset is only available.

I'm not worried about the fender at all, more concerned about inside the wheel. Anyone who has these tires or 255s please chime in. Feedback appreciated.

I run 245-40-18s (albeit not on an EP3). Would I be able to help you, or is your question EP3 more specific?

Quote Originally Posted by cow View Post
    I run 245-40-18s (albeit not on an EP3). Would I be able to help you, or is your question EP3 more specific?
    It's EP specific re. if there are any problems to anticipate and be ready to deal with. I'll actually wait for the R2Rs to come out but want to find wheels and be ready. Thanks.

Oh, the 9" 35 offset wheels fell through but that's about what I'll get. I'd actually prefer 9.5 if possible. I just don't want to go too far and mess up the geometry/scrub radius (SHG_EasyE).
    Last edited by Hasbro; 06-24-2013 at 08:34 AM.

Word. That's what I figured, but felt I should make certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
    It's EP specific re. if there are any problems to anticipate and be ready to deal with. I'll actually wait for the R2Rs to come out but want to find wheels and be ready. Thanks.

Oh, the 9" 35 offset wheels fell through but that's about what I'll get. I'd actually prefer 9.5 if possible. I just don't want to go too far and mess up the geometry/scrub radius (SHG_EasyE).

Also, I'm trying to find two wheels under 16 lbs. that don't break the bank. No custom Kodiaks anytime soon.
    Last edited by BenCronin04; 05-04-2009 at 10:02 AM.

Ok, here's the final decision. Keith Tanner convinced me to go with 245/45/16s on my 16 x 8.5s. They are also 9.4" of tread. If anyone can quam my concerns, or not, please chime in. I guess it's time to pull the fender liners, too?

Thread Information