Close

02-03 rotors look tiny with 17s

I've had my EP3 for around a year now and have been rolling on stock wheels with a very slight drop (under an inch probably)

I've been looking at new suspension set ups and wheels, and I love how 17s look on the car but it also bothers me how tiny the rotors look with 17s on them.

I've read up on the type-s 5 lug conversion and checked all of my local junk yards and none if them have anything from a type-s, and I'm not sure if I want to pay some of the high prices I've seen online for the conversion + shipping.

My main question is does the tiny rotor look bother anyone else? Is there any simple rotor/caliper swaps to fill the gap a little more? I'm not interested in spending over a grand on a BBK that I won't really use as it is just a DD and backroad cruiser, but I've read a few things about mini cooper rotors fitting with a caliper that I don't remember.

I hate wanting to make a change in performance parts purely for aesthetics, so I definitely want to hear some opinions.

I have the 17" type Rs and I honestly hadn't noticed anything negative other than my dirty ass calipers.

that guy w/ the face poeticfinesse21's Avatar
    Either get a wilwood BBK which is only about $650 shipped, get some 16's instead of 17's or get over it.

Really, get over it, unless you need them large for racing or social acceptance. Although our stock brakes are doo doo. Even good pads are a big improvement.

goto type s/type r brakes master cylinder and proportioning valve, they barely fit under 16"s actually make a huge safety and performance upgrade and they wont break the bank
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    goto type s/type r brakes master cylinder and proportioning valve, they barely fit under 16"s actually make a huge safety and performance upgrade and they wont break the bank
    Long time. How's it going?

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    Thanks for the responses, guys.

Know of anywhere to get the parts for this for a good price? Been checking the clubrsx part out threads, but everywhere else seems really high

Thread Information