Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

k24a2 will only do 15 sec 1/4 mile?

I have an 04 K24A2, with plm header, custom exhaust, and rbb intake with SRI. Just wondering what is the normal for 1/4 mile times for anyone else who take their cars to the track with this set up or similar? My best so far is 15.1, but this was on a hot day, and data log showed 130 degree IAT and lots of ignition compensation. I know this is going to affect performance but I can't see it making a huge difference. Thought this set up would be able to make a little better times then this, but then again I do only have the stock ep3 transmission and all season tires. Any thoughts? Think I will get a cold air intake to start.

no LSD, 220hp, 2800+ lbs, all season tires, 130 IAT.............

15.1 is pretty good

Damn, the z3 without the supercharger in my ep feels slow as F! I felt so disappointed when the z3 went in. LOL!

I know one member here did 13.5 on slicks with a killer vtec k24a1. I don't remember the tranny though.

I know I'm probably doing things in the wrong order, but I was just so excited to get a tsx engine in there so I did that first. Good to know there is more improvement for quarter mile times though. I find the 5 speed tranny just fine for this engine, can keep it in vtec just fine between shifts, but lsd would be nice, traction in first gear is almost non existent. The all seasons tires don't help that either!

Have u tuned your kpro?

Get some better tires! If you're a good driver you should be high 13s- low 14s

2002 EP & 2013 FB - K24 all day! SinisterCivicSi's Avatar
    i run 14's with a k24a4 so yea, there is definatly room for improvement!

I've tuned kpro myself, and ignition is timed a little on the safe side so there could be a little power to be picked up there. I am still learning kpro and as I get more comfortable with it I will probably be able to get some more power out of this engine. I'd like to talk to more people with kpro tuning experience to tell me if im doing anything wrong. And who has any ideas for a cold air intake with RBB? And tires are definitely the next thing on the list!

Quote Originally Posted by typeflex View Post
    I felt so disappointed when the z3 went in. LOL!
    first time I've ever heard that in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by rowerperk View Post
    I've tuned kpro myself, and ignition is timed a little on the safe side so there could be a little power to be picked up there. I am still learning kpro and as I get more comfortable with it I will probably be able to get some more power out of this engine. I'd like to talk to more people with kpro tuning experience to tell me if im doing anything wrong. And who has any ideas for a cold air intake with RBB? And tires are definitely the next thing on the list!
    tune it on the dyno now that u have it close, you will find more HP i guarantee.

the intake manifold will help, i dont know what exhaust ur running but if stock, the exhaust will help too,

but nothing is gonna help like an LSD will at this point.

and stripping your car out.

but your iat should be lower, and you need better tires for a baseline IMHO.

I think he was coming from a k24a2 that's why it's a down grade lol

if you're spinning, you're not winning.

suspension upgrade will help put the power to the wheels.
    Last edited by MugenReplica; 05-06-2009 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mussh View Post
    if you're spinning, you're not winning.

suspension upgrade will help put the power to the wheels.
    Especially mounts.

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    seat time too

Thanks a lot and I will consider getting it tuned, its something I want to do to get an idea of hp anyways. Exhaust is plm header, vibrant high flow cat, custom pipe to megan axle back. Intake is definitely an issue, I'm not sure what to do other then get rid of the RBB intake manifold, I can't see any other way to route piping to the front bumper to find colder air. I've already replaced tires and will be interested in seeing how much of a difference that will make. LSD would make a huge difference, but was not in the budget when I did the engine, maybe down the road I will get it. Suspension is type R DC5, and energy engine mount inserts. Not planning on turning it into a drag car, I love what this car is and will never strip it out, its all original inside and out, other then under the hood! Just want to have a little fun with it on weekends and get the most out of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information