Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I made an intake that grabs cold air from the back side of the wheel well. Seemed to work good.

I would throw the stock ep3 intake manifold on (prb intake mani if i am correct), you do have to tap the head to accept the stock coolant lines. with the stock mani on there you could run any intake you want.

check out this thread you will see where they tapped the coolant passage
    http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?p=38349978

PRB would be a downgrade. I think the problem is mostly due to the tune and 3rd gear in the 5 speed. Wait for a better day, work on the launches and get a tune. Once all that has been solved then look into an LSD.

RBB is the least of your worries. It's likely the best manifold for basic bolt on's.

Quote Originally Posted by Slip_Angle View Post
    PRB would be a downgrade. I think the problem is mostly due to the tune and 3rd gear in the 5 speed. Wait for a better day, work on the launches and get a tune. Once all that has been solved then look into an LSD.

RBB is the least of your worries. It's likely the best manifold for basic bolt on's.
    Yea I second this.. You need better tires and LSD. You prolly cant catch traction with all that torque

Quote Originally Posted by Slip_Angle View Post
    I made an intake that grabs cold air from the back side of the wheel well. Seemed to work good.
    I'd love to see a photo of this. I wonder if anyone has ever made a tasteful looking intake scoop on the hood? I see there's some carbon fibre hoods with vents, that would probably even help.

Quote Originally Posted by Powers View Post
    I know one member here did 13.5 on slicks with a killer vtec k24a1. I don't remember the tranny though.
    It was 1gr8ep3 and he did it with the a2 6 speed here in sac

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead228 View Post
    Yea I second this.. You need better tires and LSD. You prolly cant catch traction with all that torque
    i think all k24a2 owners have the same problem putting all the power down, right now my tires suck so it spins all 1st and 2nd. My bros FA5 grips right away and have seen having an LSD makes a big difference.
    ive noticed the hasport mounts help get rid of the wheel hop

Quote Originally Posted by rowerperk View Post
    I'd love to see a photo of this. I wonder if anyone has ever made a tasteful looking intake scoop on the hood? I see there's some carbon fibre hoods with vents, that would probably even help.
    I didn't get a direct photo of the intake hose at the wheel well but here is the thread. Just imagine the tube sitting right next to the tie rod getting relatively cold air.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...allation/page2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information