Close

ephatch member

Using wider tires?

Umm I'm a little confused about this(sorry, am an idiot newbie at swapping things and such...) and don't understand whether you can run wider tires on the stock 15" wheels...the manual is of course no help since it basically says to not muck around with the tires or wheels...but of course that would be lame =P

I don't care too much for looks but was hoping for a wider tire track for more grip...any hints?

Re: Using wider tires?

Originally posted by Tekdemon
    Umm I'm a little confused about this(sorry, am an idiot newbie at swapping things and such...) and don't understand whether you can run wider tires on the stock 15" wheels...the manual is of course no help since it basically says to not muck around with the tires or wheels...but of course that would be lame =P

I don't care too much for looks but was hoping for a wider tire track for more grip...any hints?
    Sure you can use a wider tire. I've seen ppl put the 205/50 Azenis on, which is more like a 215 width tire.

ephatch member
    you can use wider tires, but I wouldnt use anything over a 205 width personally cuz the stock wheels arent all that wide

gpt
    I'm using 205/55/15 on the stock rims. I would not go any wider than this on the stock rims either.

Thread Information