Close

Slight dilemma - Does KPro include the "Hondata Reflash" map?

Here is my dilemma. I want to do the reflash since I don't plan any major changes until my current motor or tranny poops out. However, I notice Hondata doesn't offer the Kpro upgrade discount anymore.

This led me to thinking about getting the Kpro right off the bat instead. However, all I want to run for the forseeable future are the EXACT SAME settings that I would get if I were to just do the k20a3 reflash. I just want to be certain I wont have to really F with the Kpro until I do an engine swap - if that makes sense.

So can anyone confirm Kpro has an out-of-the-box map identical to what is offered with their reflash?

Thanks!

Slight dilemma - Does KPro include the "Hondata Reflash" map?

They have several maps just have to click one and upload it

Sent from manny kid 15's iPhone using Tapatalk

they have plenty of maps to choose from, as for the reflash unless you know exactly what they did with the reflash its not possible to know if its in the maps that hondata has provided. as far as i know all the reflash is, is lowered vtec engage point, raise the rev limit by like 100 or 200 i think and tweaks with fuel ratios. other than that idk what else the reflash has, all of this can be done through kpro but i reccomend getting a professional to tune it for you its a small price for a big notice in performance.

Quote Originally Posted by syncmaster View Post
    Here is my dilemma. I want to do the reflash since I don't plan any major changes until my current motor or tranny poops out. However, I notice Hondata doesn't offer the Kpro upgrade discount anymore.

This led me to thinking about getting the Kpro right off the bat instead. However, all I want to run for the forseeable future are the EXACT SAME settings that I would get if I were to just do the k20a3 reflash. I just want to be certain I wont have to really F with the Kpro until I do an engine swap - if that makes sense.

So can anyone confirm Kpro has an out-of-the-box map identical to what is offered with their reflash?

Thanks!
    They have 2 maps for the stock K20A3 in OUR cars. DO NOT upload the K20A3 "Base" maps they are for the base RSX ONLY. They use a dual stage intake manifold that we don't have. We come stock with the Type S manifold.

The two maps are optimized for 87 octane and 93 respectively. They are both better than the reflashes and respond very mildly to bolt on performance upgrades.

Thanks for the info guys. I ended up calling Hondata and found out the still offer the upgrade program. There was erroneous verbiage on their website that the guy actually removed after I got off the phone with him. So, regardless of the rumors floating around you still get the upgrade discount even if you buy the reflash today (and were to upgrade 2 weeks later for example).

That said I am just going to go with the reflash then do the upgrade when I have to.

Thread Information