Close

Blown Fuse on Foglights

Has anyone else had the issue on blowing a fuse while installing the foglights on a EP3 I was installing the fogs and blew a fuse putting my whole cluster out, power steering, and AC.

I was wondering if anyone else had this issue before and how they solved it. I replaced the fuse and everything is working fine except the foglights.

I want to try a new wiring harness to see if that will solve the problem but I thought I would ask you guys first. Let me know.

Thanks

that guy w/ the face poeticfinesse21's Avatar
    This is why you unplug the battery before doing any electrical work. How exactly did you wire it up?

Blown Fuse on Foglights

The battery was unplugged. I followed the exact video made by spec D Tuning on YouTube

that guy w/ the face poeticfinesse21's Avatar
    I followed that video too but I did the wiring a little differently cuz I didn't want to cut up any factory wires. I attached the 12v wire to a female connector and plugged it into the same 12v connection in the fuse box that the OEM fog light harness plugs into and for the ACC wire I tapped into the ACC radio fuse. Worked like a charm.

Blown Fuse on Foglights

Thanks so much man I appreciate it!

I also dont like the thought of splicing into the factory harness. I use independent relays or "add a fuse" inserts if power/keyed signal is needed. I have my foggies wired to a simple 2 point switch.

Thread Information