Close

Throw Out Bearing Stuck

Well my throw out bearing is stuck to the rear.

Basically, im doing my engine swap and put in a competition Super Single clutch. I put the throw out bearing in there and put everything back together, then found out the throwout bearing fork wouldnt move back and forth...

My question is, does anyone know any usefull techniques to get this baby to move/slide forward?

Ideas I have come up with but havent tried yet are as follows:
    1. Start this baby up and hope it falls forward
    2. Hit the throw out shifter with a rubber dead blow mallet.
    3. Use a screwdriver and fiddle with it.
    4. Last resort take the tranny off again....

How the hell is it stuck? Are you sure you installed it correctly?

And why didn't you text me when this happened?!

lmao, its not stuck. I was an idiot when I was looking at it and didnt have someone verifiy it was pushing the clutch in. Its working perfectly now! Im loving the clutch now but my transmission or clutch makes some scary noises at time when I let off the throttle. ( its prob because I didnt fully put the snap ring in the groove, that rests on top of the mainshaft bearing inside the tranmission. It was acting like a bitch so I got it as close as possible and was hoping it would fall inplace when I run the car. Hopefully my tranny doesnt blow the hell up! Other than that im in love...I might replace the clutch though for a stage 4 competition cause im a lil worried it might fuck up my mainshat threads.)

Ma bad Kev, I forgot to hit you up but it got solved the next day hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by playap07 View Post
    lmao, its not stuck. I was an idiot when I was looking at it and didnt have someone verifiy it was pushing the clutch in. Its working perfectly now! Im loving the clutch now but my transmission or clutch makes some scary noises at time when I let off the throttle. ( its prob because I didnt fully put the snap ring in the groove, that rests on top of the mainshaft bearing inside the tranmission. It was acting like a bitch so I got it as close as possible and was hoping it would fall inplace when I run the car. Hopefully my tranny doesnt blow the hell up! Other than that im in love...I might replace the clutch though for a stage 4 competition cause im a lil worried it might fuck up my mainshat threads.)

Ma bad Kev, I forgot to hit you up but it got solved the next day hahaha
    Dude, lol.

In the Helms manual it specifically states to turn the assembly upside down so the weight of the counter shaft comes down on the snap ring and fully seats it in place LOL!

Oh boy, you can seriously fuck shit up that way bro be careful now!

Thread Information