Close

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by differentK View Post
    Naw- no turbo for me. Im kinda done with FI honestly- im leaning towards a stoutly built NA setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ^^ THIS. Being boosted was fun. My ep was legend around my area. I destroyed everyone who tried messing with me. A few weeks ago before she gave, we hired a new employee with a new SI. I showed em my car and his response was "dude thats your car? We've been wondering who drives that" haha, i never hang out with the honda kids, so Im a mystery to everyone lol. But anyways purchased an INJEN cold air intake for my ap1 today! Gona do an exhaust next year maybe and then be done with engine mods. Maybe a shorty header but not going passed boltons. My new motto is simple and clean
    Last edited by talonXracer; 05-20-2009 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    ^^ THIS. Being boosted was fun. My ep was legend around my area. I destroyed everyone who tried messing with me. A few weeks ago before she gave, we hired a new employee with a new SI. I showed em my car and his response was "dude thats your car? We've been wondering who drives that" haha, i never hang out with the honda kids, so Im a mystery to everyone lol. But anyways purchased an INJEN cold air intake for my ap1 today! Gona do an exhaust next year maybe and then be done with engine mods. Maybe a shorty header but not going passed boltons. My new motto is simple and clean
    Thats too bad about you selling the car. Guess we will never get to run. An s2k is a nice upgrade though- i looked at a clean evo 9 right after my car blew up... I couldnt get rid of her though- shes too sentimental to me.

I'll be putting her back together with a bit more moderation this time- swapping in a complete jdm k20a motor/ trans w/ a fresh warrantied blower from steigemeir. I'll be lowering the boost to a more practical level and giving the bay a complete cleanup. I dont care about hp figures anymore- its more about making it fun again to me.

Can't wait to see. Just one question... of ur gona stay boosted, why not just get another k24? Wouldn't it be cheaper than a k20a? That place should cover ur motor too. There part caused ur engine failure . I would just stay NA... what if this happens again? Then what ? I went to this dealership called tsjautobroker in jersey. .. they had like 3 or 4 evos u could've chose from haha. Even had a fresh gsr ...... and if u Wana get froogy they had a lambo too lol.

Blown big block EP

Can't wait to see. Just one question... of ur gona stay boosted, why not just get another k24? Wouldn't it be cheaper than a k20a? That place should cover ur motor too. There part caused ur engine failure . I would just stay NA... what if this happens again? Then what ? I went to this dealership called tsjautobroker in jersey. .. they had like 3 or 4 evos u could've chose from haha. Even had a fresh gsr ...... and if u Wana get froogy they had a lambo too lol.
    I found a couple 06-08 k24a2s that could of replaced mine. But after looking at what i wanted to do- between the close ratio 6speed LSD trans, the better flowing head with more aggressive cams and duo valve springs, higher compression bottom end with the better oil pump- along with the factor oil cooler and newer alternator and starter... And the added bonus of having my old k24 bottom end that i can rebuild and reuse with the k20 head if im feeling adventurous... It just doesn't make sense to pick up another k24 and start over.

The k20a cams are one of the best performers with the SC and the higher compression will allow me to run less boost and still make good power. So that should allow me to spin the new blower much less than i was before and bump the reliability up. The 2L will also mean less torque so i will be able to use more of the powerband and the 9k rpm redline means that powerband is HUGE with the sc.

The added bonus of the LSD 6speed is the cherry on top. I was planning on picking up a synchrotech rebuilt LSD 5 speed like yours this winter- you know how much that cost- def not cheap. That pretty much cost half as much as the jdm k20a complete swap- so in the end, the cost of a complete swap might seem steep up front but in the long run it will probably be more cost efficient than starting over with a k24 and my 5speed.

Last edited by differentK; 07-06-2014 at 06:09 AM. Reason: because

I always though the k24 tsx had the most aggressive cam profile ? You should hit up Dan aka 04ep3hatch. U know him. He has the red turbo ep3. We all met at bear mountain. He has a full k20a but the trans is a 5spd with an lsd

There pricey but so well worth it 2150 for a fresh trans with carbon synchros and lsd is a good price. Remember any used 6spd ur gona get is a risk. U won't know what ur getting until it's installed. Synchrotec u know what u paid for plus a 1 yr warranty .

I always though the k24 tsx had the most aggressive cam profile ? You should hit up Dan aka 04ep3hatch. U know him. He has the red turbo ep3. We all met at bear mountain. He has a full k20a but the trans is a 5spd with an lsd

There pricey but so well worth it 2150 for a fresh trans with carbon synchros and lsd is a good price. Remember any used 6spd ur gona get is a risk. U won't know what ur getting until it's installed. Synchrotec u know what u paid for plus a 1 yr warranty .
    Yea- i talked to Dan earlier. Im not really interested in picking up another 5spd and i dont think it would work well with the higher revving k20. Thankfully the place where im picking up the motor/ trans provides a warranty as well.

The newer tsx has the bigger cams but that doesn't necessarily make it the best combo for the JRSC. I think the k20z3 cams work best actually. Im trying to keep this swap clean and simple- and i think the jdm motor/ trans is the best oem combo for me now.

I have a 5spd and I rev till 8900rpm lol

Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    I have a 5spd and I rev till 8900rpm lol
    Yea but you also have a turbo k20 making 600+ whp.... If i was building another higher boost SC k24 or a new turbo k20 i wouldnt go any other way than my old EP 5speed lol

Follow the new thread for the rebuild:
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...K-rebuild-time

Blown big block EP

Seems i have been neglecting this thread. It has come a long way...

Finally brought her home

Going to be setting up a retune sometime early next month. Stay tuned

Fixed pics

Awesome motor bro!

Quote Originally Posted by 1st View Post
    Awesome motor bro!
    Thanks man

Retune apt set... Finishing up some odds and ends... Then she will whine again

All cleaned up with all the fab work done and a fresh alignment- just waiting on a belt before retune this weekend. Pics after a nice long shakedown cruise

New numbers to follow

Another good day at the tuner. New numbers- 326whp/226wtq on pump 93 and 348whp/237wtq on e85. All at ~11psi.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information