Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JRSC & me : )

JRSC & me : )

I had previously started a greddy turbo build up thread... got ancy in the pantsy and ended up trading for a JRSC with a few pulleys... street, race 4.0 and the 3.8 which is installed now. Posted this on the FB thread... a few weeks ago when i traded. Kit came with the modified stock tensioner and the Rsx idler pulley. What should I run and what belt size?

I plan on running the 3.8. and would like a little help from the experienced. Ill take all the help/advice I can get! (Run 4.0)

Intake: I just bought and installed a 3" fujita cold air intake. Love it. With the stock exhaust you can really hear this thing snarl!

Exhaust: 60mm catback with a DC sports Stealth muffler (identical to the Vibrant). Car also has the Megan shorty and DP (cat-delete) on. Its a little loud, but all in all its a decent set up i think. i do plan on a race header down the road. i just want to get this thing going. Probably be installing a big resonator and maybe replace the glasspack style res to get the drone down for road trips...

Edit: race header purchased! Needed a little tlc, but I cleaned it up and painted with ceramic paint. Looks good as new. Finish result pics.

Fuel: I have Kpro and plan on modifying the stock injectors to "490s". most likely will mod them to and run them as 475-480s in Kpro. I would like to buy injectors that are already modded so I can keep my stockers. Let me know if you got a set.( DONE!)

KAL: I need one... Don't know where to start. If nothing else Ill slap the 4.0 pulley on and use the map in kpro. But I'm not sure the injector set up even if I change the injector size. (Going to run KPRO KAL on 4.0)

On my to do/buy list I have:

Thermostat- may as well do with a everything out of the way.
    _X_Napa upper rad hose to clear the intake and help with the temps.
    _X_ Rsx-s spark plugs- iridium pre gapped
    _X_Boost gauge- I have an autometer but I need the lines/fittings and light. Ordered a pod to mount on the steering wheel.
    _X_SC oil change- ordered oil today. Will change when it comes in!

Is there anything else i shoudlI should do? Install tips other than removing the radiator?
    Pics soon!
    Last edited by tlikethedrink; 09-17-2013 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Updates

I got a set of un-modded stock 270cc injectors if you'd like them. PM for more info.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    U need meth or aftercool if ur running a 3.8 pulley on a a3. U will see little to no gains otherwise
    Last edited by mitchell_ep3; 05-08-2009 at 06:42 AM.

Been looking into meth actually... Do you recommend the 4.0 pulley until meth is used?

welcome to the family- its a small one. I never played with a JRSC A3 so i don't know what pulley sizes turn out what boost- but if you are looking to make over 9psi, I would suggest some sort of cooling. Meth injection is great, I run a 3gal AIS kit myself. I would start with the 4.0 pulley, use the calibration in kpro, get it running and see how you like it. just remember, more boost more cooling... these blowers create a lot of heat so if you want your engine to last you need to address that.

Quote Originally Posted by tlikethedrink View Post
    Been looking into meth actually... Do you recommend the 4.0 pulley until meth is used?
    Yes. Play it safe. Dont risk ur engine.

I've been running OEM auto tensioner, skeletor CP pulley, 440 injectors, 3.8" SC pulley, & Kpro (professionally dynotuned) while making 11.5 PSI with no issues for over two years
    Last edited by Aug; 05-08-2009 at 07:37 AM.

^ wheres your IAT sensor located? I cant even imagine how hot that thing is after a pull haha. To each their own though- id still recommend some sort of cooling to optimize the setup

Quote Originally Posted by beechstreet View Post
    I've been running OEM auto tensioner, skeletor CP pulley, 440 injectors, 3.8" SC pulley, & Kpro (professionally dynotuned) while making 11.5 PSI with no issues for over two years
    thats a strong ass k20a3 u got there my OG friend.

Quote Originally Posted by beechstreet View Post
    seen of your vidoes on yoututbe. nice set up. good numbers with the stock cat. are you still running that set up? or have you installed a race header?

Quote Originally Posted by differentK View Post
    ^ wheres your IAT sensor located? I cant even imagine how hot that thing is after a pull haha. To each their own though- id still recommend some sort of cooling to optimize the setup
    well i for ease of install (due to Kpro KAL) and playing it safe- ill be running the 4.0. when i save up for a dyno tune/meth ill slap on the 3.8 ...

Quote Originally Posted by differentK View Post
    Yea man. Seen to many disasters. I would hold off on the 3.8. Meth kits arent expensive anyways.

I would concentrate on building your setup without methenol injection. To each their own though.

As stated, safe IAT temps are important for engine life... as is a good tune. If you plan on running an untuned basemap...

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    I would concentrate on building your setup without methenol injection. To each their own though.

As stated, safe IAT temps are important for engine life... as is a good tune. If you plan on running an untuned basemap...
    Funny you should mention it. With I/h/e back on now.... I've been running your bolt on tune lol. Gotta say it feels great.

I was going to ask you to help with an e-tune( with compensation of course- wasn't expecting a freebie) on the jrsc set up. Not many do their own tuning. It's very admirable. Plus you had a jrsc too so you probably know a thing or two.

Finding time is an issue for me... personal shit. But im always around so when the time comes hit me up. Im always down to help if im available. : )

Awesome. Thanks Ba : )

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information