Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JRSC & me : )

Don't think too hard 2004ep3hatch's Avatar
    Your running the EP specific kit? I have the 06 si kit and I am buying the Mercado air to air cooler. We actually did not tune as high as we should have because we wanted to be safe.
    So you can go the water/meth route.

I have a set of RSX injectors modded already too if you want.
    Supercharged K24 Frank powered
    PM a Moderator for assistance anytime

Yup, EP specific...

Bummer I just bought / modified injectors TODAY! It's ok, 480-490cc should be enough.,

Yeah, I think ill hold off on the Meth & 3.8 pulley until I get at least a RH + maybe a bigger exhaust...

Right now I'm waiting to see if I can get my EBAY orders from the new tenants at my old apartment. I ordered the SC Oil and a gauge pod... They're not expensive but would be nice to get since they're already paid for and here. I don't wanna wait on shipping again.

if you need/ want to go bigger on the injectors- i have ID725cc injectors laying around from my old setup. I also have the EP JRSC manifold and inlet

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    ID injectors are the bee's knees

Quote Originally Posted by differentK View Post
    if you need/ want to go bigger on the injectors- i have ID725cc injectors laying around from my old setup. I also have the EP JRSC manifold and inlet
    Thanks, ill keep them in mind.

pics up-

had to end up ordering more oil. wont be here until this weekend...

itll give me time to get the spark plugs and napa hose + thermostat.
    Last edited by civictype_r04; 05-08-2009 at 02:13 PM.

welcome to the family- its a small one. I never played with a JRSC A3 so i don't know what pulley sizes turn out what boost- but if you are looking to make over 9psi, I would suggest some sort of cooling. Meth injection is great, I run a 3gal AIS kit myself. I would start with the 4.0 pulley, use the calibration in kpro, get it running and see how you like it. just remember, more boost more cooling... these blowers create a lot of heat so if you want your engine to last you need to address that.
    The 4.4 pulley is 5psi and for the street kit. The 4.0 is 8psi and for the race version. If recall JR had not recommended the use of anything smaller than 3.8 as it would overdrive the bearings in the SC but nobody has ever reported this being an issue.

I had a 3.8 pulley no meth on for about 8 years and never had no problem.... Top end didn't have a huge difference to the 4 but bottom end was a good noticeable diifference.

Quote Originally Posted by kaotik78 View Post
    The 4.4 pulley is 5psi and for the street kit. The 4.0 is 8psi and for the race version. If recall JR had not recommended the use of anything smaller than 3.8 as it would overdrive the bearings in the SC but nobody has ever reported this being an issue.
    A friend of mine spun a bearing in his JRSC with the 3.0 pully. It didnt take long at all to do it either.

Trying to pm...

Quote Originally Posted by tlikethedrink View Post
    Trying to pm...
    Inbox cleared

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    I vouche for differentk if u get parts. hes a cool dude

Inbox cleared
    pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    I vouche for differentk if u get parts. hes a cool dude
    never doubted for a sec.

ive been running the kpro kal w/ the modified injectors @ 460ccs. ive been holding off untill i "finsh" with the mods. which i know is a loose term because no one ever "finishes" lol.
    but i have been really considering a few things.

1) a true 2.5 catback with a new longer glasspack res and a magnaflow 2.5 in/out to the existing muffler. all straight through stuff, but should help with drone and rasp.

2)a race header. i have been looking in the classifieds for a cheap one. turns out im the cheap one ha! have been waiting to find a header first before the new catback... incase its rsx spec.

3)k24!!!! a fresher engine with extra displacement would be awesome. it wont be soon. just have been keeping my eye out for a good deal. so far k24a4 could be had for $500 shipped w/30k. and a local place has a k24a1 for $900 w/50k.

what i really need to do is clear out some stuff in my garage and use that cash for ^^^

my spare parts bin is overflowing!

*stock header/cat
    stock airbox w/ k&n
    stock sway
    stock wing
    stock springs
    *intake manifold
    *injectors

Updates:
    (1) Fixed leak
    (2) installed boost gauge [Ifinally![/I]
    (3) re-uploaded Kpro Jrsc-R Kal with injectors set as 450cc instead of 470cc

Knock is down - feels good on the road. Time to get back on the ball with the header and exhaust... Too bad I'm not a millionaire and can't swing Urthworms mugen twin loop lol

i ran the 3.8 and stock crank pulley for a while, made 241whp that way, beat the SHIT out of it and it held. the 3.8 and the A3 arent a terrible combo depending on your environment, the heat it makes is definately up there, in summer temps the car was slow as shit. when i swapped the crank pulley to the K24 crank pulley and i started seeing 12psi was when i got tuned on methanol, 10 gallons per hour of 50/50 made me 272whp on the internally stock A3. The hondata JRSC race calibration is so safe you can run the 3.8 on it until a tune

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information