Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: JRSC & me : )

Looking good! we will have to meet up once my build is done and go kick some ass!

Clean ride with smooth power. A+

Quote Originally Posted by urthworm View Post
    Looking good! we will have to meet up once my build is done and go kick some ass!
    definitely. your new build looks pretty mean tho. im gonna have a hard time keeping up! it'll be a good chance to break in my go pro : )

Quote Originally Posted by irrational View Post
    Clean ride with smooth power. A+
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kaotik78 View Post
    Great job! I wish I could have run a race header when I installed my jrsc, need a cat where I live for state inspection.
    did you run a TP atleast? honestly driving it more, i can barely feel any difference. then again im still lacking a tune : / i want to wait until i finish the exhaust set up before a tune. saw a Meth kit on Craigslist the other day that made me revisit the 3.8 pulley idea. hmmm 3.8 pulley, Meth, 2.5 exhaust and a tune... that sounds like it could be interesting. i dont know if i should be trying to use the RSX cams i have for a vtec killer or try to find the RSX rockers and flip pin it.

i need to do something. im starting to get bored! i know i know- all the turbo guys told me so!

A tune will make a HUGE difference. Flip the pins on k20a2 or k20z3 cams. Just over 30,000 miles on my flipped pin setup... no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    A tune will make a HUGE difference. Flip the pins on k20a2 or k20z3 cams. Just over 30,000 miles on my flipped pin setup... no issues.
    Problem is I keep wanting to wait to do more before I get a tune. Like a bigger exhaust set up, maybe diff injectors, flipped pin set up...
    ba, you happen to know where to source any spare a2 rockers? I have a2 cams in my garage.

Tune it! my first turbo build made 45whp over the kpro base map! My tuner is cheap and wont charge much more for adjustments. However bigger injector will mean retuning the entire map. bolt on parts dont require to much change. Usually more fuel fixes that.

3 lobe rocker assemblies arent cheap. Im sitting on a spare set myself... but really dont wanna part with them. : (

I agree wholeheartedly with Urthworm... tune. You have KPro... use it bro.

By the way... my setup is about to be screw fed again. : )

Quote Originally Posted by urthworm View Post
    Tune it! my first turbo build made 45whp over the kpro base map! My tuner is cheap and wont charge much more for adjustments. However bigger injector will mean retuning the entire map. bolt on parts dont require to much change. Usually more fuel fixes that.
    Will text you soon. Def finish my 2.5 exhaust first (soon).

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    3 lobe rocker assemblies arent cheap. Im sitting on a spare set myself... but really dont wanna part with them. : (

I agree wholeheartedly with Urthworm... tune. You have KPro... use it bro.

By the way... my setup is about to be screw fed again. : )
    Truth. Your set up is going to be sick. Jrsc again right? I saw your k20a thread... How much lighter is that chassis?

Quote Originally Posted by tlikethedrink View Post
    Will text you soon. Def finish my 2.5 exhaust first (soon).
    Exhaust Done!!

Added a 2.5 offset/center Magnaflow to the exhaust. Originally the plan was to upgrade the piping to 2.5 with the current muffler and add magnaflow to be used as a resonator. But this weekend I brought my car on a road trip- couldn't stand the drone on the road, was going to loose my mind on the way back. So I bought and installed a magnaflow muffler to the current 60mm system. Sound is very mellow in comparison to previous set Up. I shoulda made a before video. I'll make an rev with a fly by and try to use the go pro for normal driving in the morning.

Either way this looks to be my permanent set up. I won't be able to justify dumping more $ in the exhaust. In hindsight, a quality low deceble exhaust would have been a better way to go. Right now it would tally up to be comparable:
    $100 catback + $85 magnaflow + $65 dc muffler w/tip + a combined $60-70 in labor. Ok well atleast a used system!

Pictures and video in the morning.
    Last edited by talonXracer; 05-15-2009 at 08:12 PM.

Hard to see, but that's basically it. It's a tight fit. I had the guy add another hanger to keep it from banging around.

Yeah that EX drone will kill ya on interstate drives. lol

Im still on the fence with resonator and muffler choice for this very reason... any vids or input you can provide would be awesome. :)

the biggest issue i think is that @80mph im around 4k rpms... the exhaust is mellow in town. almost unnoticeable when driving normal. Its just the 700 mile round trip that killed me! honestly we dont travel much in my car anymore. wife-to-be got a new explorer and it fits our stuff and the dog better for these trips. plus our mpgs are in the same neighborhood w/the supercharger.

If custom: i would go with (2) 2.5 Magnaflow center/offset mufflers and a glass pack in the longest straight section of the mid pipe. try to keep the mufflers where the stock muffler/resonator were. its all straight through stuff for the most part. i don't see restriction being a problem. obviously it wont out flow a 3 inch straight through everything... but if you'll be much happier if drive your car more than on the weekends

haven't had a chance to make a video. its been really windy since i got back and really hadn't had much time with everything else going on...

ill try to get something up asap.

If you had a 2.4 i would say go 3" exhaust. The 2.0 needs a little smaller exhaust to help maintain around town midrange power... the 2.4 doesnt have an issue with that at all. Im sticking with 2.5" exhaust as well. For people that care about max dyno #'s... 3" all day. lol

I stuck with mild steel in hopes to deepen the tone of the exhaust. It also drones more. SS is a harder denser metal and sounds a bit tinny in comparison. Now that i have a SS header... i may have to change that decision if only for solidarity. : /

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information