Close

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    For all my followers, take a look at our eshop and just simply scroll through, see anything u like, want , or need for your build or project?

Enter "SPOOLBUS" as the promo code at checkout and receive $10 off on all orders over $100!!

http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

So finally the FMIC came through. First off gotta say thanks to 'echo3gulf' for the hook up, and great packaging skills! :thumbup:
    The fitment is great and nothing else i could ask for, ill let the pics do the talking.

And a sneak peak of what i been doing to the engine bay.

Very nice.

I need to start whoring myself out on the street so I can make more money to dump into my EP like this.

Man your engine bay is clean monj... you can have dinner in there haha

Flash update:

So block is ready to go at the machine shop but the crank that was purchased off someone one on CRSX was a dud!!
    What a dam scam. So a local had a spare and sold it to me tonight, Minty as fawk!!! Build procceed.

Wow. Glad to see you are still rocking the ep3 hard.

Do you mind telling us what was wrong with the crank that was a dud? I'm curious to know if it was something you could've seen in pictures before you bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Virus View Post
    Wow. Glad to see you are still rocking the ep3 hard.

Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by USAF EP3 View Post
    Do you mind telling us what was wrong with the crank that was a dud? I'm curious to know if it was something you could've seen in pictures before you bought it.

Posting pics up

Okay so here are the upclose pix of the damages to the so called "good crank".
    Member said that the scarring was rust from dried oil or so and that a simple polish would do.

You be the judge!!

I also posted pics of the warpedge to the thrust washers!! Pics member sent were off a cell and werent clear enough if you may ask.

Damn dude.....why didn't you seek expert advice on that?

I can easily tell that engine suffered some pretty bad crank walk...They probably had an extremely high clamping duty pressure plate (super single and twin/triple disc clutches) and were holding down the pedal to start the car causing a high dry load on the crank.

Monj, next time come to your family (us at EPhatch lol) before you make some big purchases on used stuff like that. We got a fairly nice group of peeps here that know our stuff and are more than willing to help out a fellow member.

And i thank you, i know i messed up and went into this purchase blind folded and paid the consequence.

Something of this magnitude wont happen again.

I even inspected my z3 crank i pulled off my motor and my crank still looks way better than this type s one that i purchased.

On other news loaded the crank, flywheel and pressure plate in the rental to go drop off tomorrow morning.

Finally got around to finish off the fuse box re re-locate and had the 3 needed clips rewired and loomed!!
    Also mounted radiator and had to re position the FMIC due to fitment with radiator. Overall its coming along nicely..

Got the call i been waiting for, machine shop was done and ready to give back my stuff.
    The shop met my expectations and had a fast turn around, would've been faster if the crank situation hadn't happened.
    For any locals in need of machine work, no matter how big or small the job might be, i highly recommend them to you.

Westside Performance & Machine
    9100 Emnora Ln, Houston, TX 77080
    (713) 465-7996

I had them do the following:
    Bore the crank .5 over
    Hot tank it
    Polish & balance crankshaft (with Flywheel & PP)
    Resurface flywheel

Now onto the pix!!

GE oil squirter block off plugs installed

Very nice monj, the clutch you have can be rebuilt right? the reason why I ask is you had the pp balanced with the rotating assembly so if you change your clutch its going to throw it out of balance.

It looks great man, o and what size injectors do you have? I have the DW1000's and on e85 with a fuel return set up i was at 53% duty cycle. I have enough fuel for 550 but your shooting for 600, so just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by 1GR8EP3 View Post
    Very nice monj, the clutch you have can be rebuilt right? the reason why I ask is you had the pp balanced with the rotating assembly so if you change your clutch its going to throw it out of balance.

It looks great man, o and what size injectors do you have? I have the DW1000's and on e85 with a fuel return set up i was at 53% duty cycle. I have enough fuel for 550 but your shooting for 600, so just curious...
    Yes the kit is rebuildable.
    The machine shop just needed the flywheel and pp, my tuner also suggested just taking that. The disk I have ordered a new one, and have yet to receive it.
    And yes final goal will be 600hp on e85 and Id1000cc injs. It's doable doe, the fuel part has been discussed with my tuner and we have all angles covered.

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information