Close

Recently purchased 3.8" pulley

Hello everyone! I recently purchased a 3.8" boost pulley to upgrade from the 4" I'm currently running on my stock K20a3. I was wondering if anyone could recommend supporting mods to do when i install the new pulley. I would really like to hit 250-275whp if possible.

Current Mods-

AEM short ram intake
    DC Sports shorty header
    Greddy EVO TT cat back
    Kpro
    RC 650cc Injectors

Cooling in the form of meth comes highly recommended. For those numbers your gonna need a better header. I'm in the same boat. Are you running the stock cat or tp?
    Also feel free to look around and search. Find a build with your power goals and try an emulate. Chances are you can avoid mistakes they made; or just use what's been proven to work.

Quote Originally Posted by tlikethedrink View Post
    Cooling in the form of meth comes highly recommended. For those numbers your gonna need a better header. I'm in the same boat. Are you running the stock cat or tp?
    Also feel free to look around and search. Find a build with your power goals and try an emulate. Chances are you can avoid mistakes they made; or just use what's been proven to work.
    I bought the car with the exhaust so I'm not exactly sure what brand cat is on the car, i know it is not stock. Sorry but im not sure what you mean by tp.
    Last edited by darkunitzero; 05-10-2009 at 06:52 PM.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    No meth= no where close to 250

Quote Originally Posted by broy069 View Post
    I bought the car with the exhaust so I'm not exactly sure what brand cat is on the car, i know it is not stock. Sorry but im not sure what you mean by tp.
    Test pipe. If it's not stock, it's probably a test pipe if it's not a race header (longer tubes). Maybe a 3inch cold air intake should be on your list too.
    Last edited by LLH; 05-10-2009 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    No meth= no where close to 250
    I plan on going with a meth setup but not sure what brand to go with yet. With meth it would be possible no?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tlikethedrink View Post
    Test pipe. If it's not stock, it's probably a test pipe if it's not a race header (longer tubes). Maybe a 3inch cold air intake should be on your list too.
    I've always been skeptical about getting a cold air since its my dd my luck I'd get stuck somewhere I have to go through a big ass puddle and hydrolock my motor lol. How would the password jdm powerchamber be compared to cai. That's the route I was thinking of going.

Was also thinking k24 crank pulley to up the boost some more. But Im not sure if I will be able to run my manual tensioner and not get belt slippage.

Thread Information