Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Nope havent been outside yet. LOL I heard it start raining last night so i didnt even try to get started on it. Once the wife gets back with the FG ill be able to run and pickup some new fasteners. I HATE flathead screws as much as asparagus coated in castor oil. Call me anal but IDK. haha :tehehe:
    Did you just say you like Anal.... LOL.... Get that shyt fixed man. And my bad for Jinxing you! Lemme know if anything is goin on tonight.

I HATE flathead screws as much as asparagus coated in castor oil. Call me anal but IDK. haha :tehehe:

Usually for these smaller size screws and bolts I buy a bunch of long screws at a time. I then use a cutter and grinder to "fab" shorter ones, that way I always have the right length for the job. I go to a actual fastner wharehouse and there is a far wider choice. I prefer a SS allen screws for the TB area, cleans it up and wont corrode down the road.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    heh

Yeah i have a ton of 3mm and smaller from all of my R/C crap. Unfortunately the screws the IACV needs are m4 and m5... so nothing i had fit!! I found some at Lowes using a 7 and 8 mm socket for refitting. It will have to do for now. Im sure i will have to take it off sometime in the future, and hopefully i can source me some nice anoe'd Ti fasteners. Id eventually like to do them throughout the engine bay on all unstressed applications.

mcmaster-carr for your hardware

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    mcmaster-carr for your hardware
    Ill look into them for sure!

Also... there is something to be said of Honda's over engineering of the TB gasket. I have never, in my life, cussed as much while working on something so inconsequential as i did while removing that damned gasket. I ended up taking the TB all apart except the TPS sensor (if i knew how to set it i would have drilled them damn rivets out in a heartbeat). I ended up wet sanding the gasket area of the TB after gasket removal to clean up any marks i made during the intrusive event.

Halfway through this debacle i seriously considered ordering a new TB just to call it a day. I finally got mine fixed, the IACV cleaned and spinnin like Marylin Monroe over a hot street vent. Even though i removed the cable bracket w/o changing the cables adjustments... i still needed to adjust the throttle and cruise cables once everything was put back together.

With that said... THIS IS WORTH THE WORK! My EP now idles smooth as hell... watching the RPM's on KPro they stay hella stable within +/-50rpm of 800.

Anyone have a spare TB so i can send mine off to Maxbore?
    Last edited by ecsahs3; 05-11-2009 at 01:12 PM.

Ill look into them for sure!

Also... there is something to be said of Honda's over engineering of the TB gasket. I have never, in my life, cussed as much while working on something so inconsequential as i did while removing that damned gasket. I ended up taking the TB all apart except the TPS sensor (if i knew how to set it i would have drilled them damn rivets out in a heartbeat). I ended up wet sanding the gasket area of the TB after gasket removal to clean up any marks i made during the intrusive event.

Halfway through this debacle i seriously considered ordering a new TB just to call it a day. I finally got mine fixed, the IACV cleaned and spinnin like Marylin Monroe over a hot street vent. Even though i removed the cable bracket w/o changing the cables adjustments... i still needed to adjust the throttle and cruise cables once everything was put back together.

With that said... THIS IS WORTH THE WORK! My EP now idles smooth as hell... watching the RPM's on KPro they stay hella stable within +/-50rpm of 800.

Anyone have a spare TB so i can send mine off to Maxbore?
    Yuck man, ya i was playin with the gasket a little the day i did mine and that thing looks like its built into the TB. Glad you got it fixed though. And sorry i played like shyt in COD4 earlyer, i suk like marylin monroe over a hot street vent :gheyw:
    Last edited by darkunitzero; 05-11-2009 at 12:55 PM.

I am not trying to thread jack but my question is related....

How do you remove the damn screws that hold the iacv to the throttle body? I can't get them out and am afraid of stripping the heads. Any help from anyone who has removed them would be appreciated.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hondacur View Post
    I am not trying to thread jack but my question is related....

How do you remove the damn screws that hold the iacv to the throttle body? I can't get them out and am afraid of stripping the heads. Any help from anyone who has removed them would be appreciated.

thanks
    I removed one of them the same was as removing the IACV screws, just use a dremel and cut a flat head slot into it. Id plan on replacing them later on if you plan to do this in the futur. If not, it wont hurt.

Alright I will give that a try.

Thanks

Great DIY worked for me

I've been told this is the problem with my Engine.... so I baught a dremmel and will be trying this tomorrow.

Now remember that eventually cleaning will no longer be able to overcome the corrosion damage to the bearings and it will need to be replaced.

Yes, mine was too far gone to clean and just needed to be replaced.
    Ed~

My engine's starting to shut off again.. i think it's about time to get a new one as well...

I have started to add a drop or two of light oil into the IAC port of the TB if the car will sit for a week or more during humid weather.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information