Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy great just got my dc header and....

.... it doesn't have the proper welds on the baffle plate, yay. now i have to send it back. has anybody had experience with sending stuff back, like how does the whole process work? and is it speedy? thanks. dammit! just my luck.:(

I guess you not going to get the welds done yourself, when my first one went for a crap, JRP had another on hand, check with your dealer and give em shit. Or call DC direct and ask them wtf.
    The process is that you should get your new one, if they have em, before you return the old one, make the swap and return the old one. They, whoever you got it from should know better. I think there will be more of this going on as DC's first-offs are still circulating by the sounds of it. Beware guys, and always ask first about the welds in the baffle plate before ordering is the only advice I can give. Fishboy, I wish you were closer, I would do the welds for ya.:)

yeah, i'm not gonna do it myself. i want the full 4-2-1 action and make sure it is done right for torque reasons.;) i called DC and i faxed my proof of purchase/receipt to them and the guy said it would be no problem. he hasn't called me back yet and its been an hour, i'll just call him back. but yeah i was wondering what the process was. so i will get the right one before i send anything back right? i don't want to send anything off and have it get lost in the mail and not have shit, you know what i mean. man i knew it would be too good to be true with this thing. i even told the guy at the shop to make sure he mentioned the welds, i guess he forgot. i showed him what i meant and he said, uh just get it tack welded, i said, fine. guess i can't complain too much, i did get an alright price and i'm not in a super rush to get it installed.

Hey Fishboy,

Call DC ASAP. It already happened to one of the guys on the forum and they called DC to complain. DC replaced it for him right away with the new properly welded ones. If you got any questions just call me at the shop and I'll give you more info. (818) 243-0954.

Thanks
    Chuck
    Showstoppers USA

Ive had mine on for a while and have had no problems, I dont remember if it had the welds or not...

What kind of noise does it make if yer baffle plate DOES break loose, Ive heard that its a rattling kind of a noise, but I dont know how loud or sever its sposed to be or when you typically hear it. Can someone give me some info so Ill know what to keep an ear out for....?

i don't know what it sounds like, i haven't put mine in. but yeah i'm in touch with a guy from dc. he is gonna call me back after he shows my receipt to his supervisor whatever and explains my situation. hopefully we can get it squared away today and ups can pick this thing up soon. we'll see. thanks guys. and showstoppers i'm gonna call your shop as soon as i get some more money.:D i'm looking for some things...

it rattle pretty bad, it's very noticable, not subtle

yeah, i paid the 9 bucks to ship that fucker out to DC and they are sending the correct one to me today also. hopefully i should get it tomorrow or friday. they were pretty cool about it. i just don't like the fact that they are still sending out their ceramic header version 1.0.

i guess make sure you specify that it must have the correct welds when you order through a shop or online or whatever.

What is the baffle supposed to look like? I want to make sure this doesn't happen to me also. Fishboy where did you order from? I ordered from Optauto and should be getting them tommorow.

Perhaps myeverlovinSiR can post pics of the good header, and bad header. I'd like to see the difference for myself, because I plan on ordering one eventually too.

Quicksilvers header with welds on along the baffle plate from DC.
    It should look similar to this when you get it, otherwise you've been had.

Mine, with custom welds done along baffle plate.

What it looks like inside the collector when the baffle plate breaks.
    This was my first one.

Pic of DC first-offs without welds along baffle plate.

Hope that helps guys, btw: I found all this stuff using the SEARCH function.:D

hell yeah. sweet pics. everyone be aware of this. i was and i asked the shop to SPECIFY even, they forgot.:( but whatever i'm getting it either today or tomorrow and i still spent less than the 375 pann auto wanted to charge me. whtep19, i got mine from a shop in san diego for 320.

Hope that helps guys, btw: I found all this stuff using the SEARCH function.
    Yeah but it's much easier to just ask you. You're a work horse Glen! :D

finally got the right one today. welds look really good. i couldn't have done it this good. the welds still do not go all the way down. just got seam welded to about the halfway mark. dude i can't wait to put this sucker in. :D

Originally posted by fishboy
    finally got the right one today. welds look really good. i couldn't have done it this good. the welds still do not go all the way down. just got seam welded to about the halfway mark. dude i can't wait to put this sucker in. :D
    Most of the stress occurs at the very end of the baffle plate, so welding beads near the ends are what is desired. Enjoy it bud, it's a great torque booster!;)

BTW: take a couple of snaps for us, just to have another reference of what it should look like from DC. tks:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information