Close

View Poll Results: Mess with fuel rail or fry bigger fish?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave it alone!

0 0%
  • Wrinkle red

2 50.00%
  • Gloss black

0 0%
  • Red aftermarket

0 0%
  • Black aftermarket

3 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Fuel rail opinions

Thinking of using the left over wrinkle red on the fuel rail. Or a little gloss black ... Haven't quite decided yet.
    Only dilemma is the tabs on the stock rail. I'm not sure how to go about it. Or if I should even bother...

Gf is actually egging me on this time lol. I would just rather spend $150 on something else, maybe injectors that would actually be functional as opposed to a sweet looking rail with gauge on it.

Ideas? Advice?

I think wrinkle red would look good

Just buy a K-tuned or Hybrid racing fuel rail, painting the stock fuel rail is hella ricey imho.

I've been looking at the golden eagle actually. I'm not sure if the stock Dampner mounts in the stock spot with it. Would look uglier having dampener out of place than having a tabs sticking up.

If you go all black with a aftermarket rail, Skunk2 offers one I believe. I think it is a clean look.

I know the Hybrid Racing keeps the damper in the same spot. I dont think the damper does very much though, I am not running mine.

You can shave off those tabs and paint/plastidip the rail. That's what I ended up doing until recently. Some people even thought it was an aftermarket rail.

Quote Originally Posted by captaingamez View Post
    I know the Hybrid Racing keeps the damper in the same spot. I dont think the damper does very much though, I am not running mine.
    Good to know. I didn't know the hybrid racing rail let you keep the stock damper. I always thought the K-Tuned rail was the only one that had that capability.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Quote Originally Posted by usedep3 View Post
    You can shave off those tabs and paint/plastidip the rail. That's what I ended up doing until recently.
    That's what I'm leaning towards because I'm cheap. Also been thinking of wrinkle red because I already have the paint.
    How did you remove the tabs? Grinder? Drill out the spots?

Quote Originally Posted by tlikethedrink View Post
    That's what I'm leaning towards because I'm cheap. Also been thinking of wrinkle red because I already have the paint.
    How did you remove the tabs? Grinder? Drill out the spots?
    I ended up grinding the off on the passenger side tab with a rotary tool (dremel). On the driver's side, I ended up bending/wrapping the tab around the tube that supplies the fuel to the rail. I wanted to grind if off like the passenger side but I was worried about the fuel line. I don't have pics, sorry.

There's a DIY on CRSX where a member created a rectangular cover that sits directly over the oem rail. It's pretty clean this way too.

Wrinkle red might be fine ESP since your VC matches. I only chose black plastidip bc black goes with pretty much anything. If you don't like the red, a quick spray of plastidip can change that.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Quote Originally Posted by usedep3 View Post
    I ended up grinding the off on the passenger side tab with a rotary tool (dremel). On the driver's side, I ended up bending/wrapping the tab around the tube that supplies the fuel to the rail. I wanted to grind if off like the passenger side but I was worried about the fuel line. I don't have pics, sorry.

There's a DIY on CRSX where a member created a rectangular cover that sits directly over the oem rail. It's pretty clean this way too.

Wrinkle red might be fine ESP since your VC matches. I only chose black plastidip bc black goes with pretty much anything. If you don't like the red, a quick spray of plastidip can change that.
    Yeah I seen the cover on crsx- I seen another actually shave it, but can't find it anymore.

I think I'll try wrinkle red. If it turns out like poo I'll buy a fancy aftermarket one. Probably Golden eagle since it's the cheapest. Unless I find a used one cheap

Thread Information