Close

k20a2 head k20a3 block.

So my friend recently blew up his bottom end in his rsx type s and hes giving me the head off of it. I see alot of people saying its a waste of time and money but im also changing out all of the parts in the a3 block to the a2 parts. Ive been doing alot of reading and haven't been able to find any information on what I need to do the swap. I plan on turboing it after it after its all built. Here are some of the questions I need answered. Do I need a rsx type s ecu if I run k pro or can I still run the a3 ecu? Do I need to use the a2 intake manifold or will the a3 be able to work? What is everything I need to buy/do to put the a2 head on the a3 block for it to run right. If you kniw of anything else I need to do for the swap please let me know.

i had a built a3 block with a type s head on my turbo setup, everything else was ep3 (so a3 ecu and manifold will work just fine). Getting a type s oil pump would be a good idea. Thats all i can think of right now.

I actually read a thread where someone did put a2 head on an a3 block and didn't have a problem. I don't think he was revving past 8000 but he blew his motor cuz he forgot to put coolant in it. The type s oil pump would be important because the a3 one won't be efficient enough up in the higher rpm's. do you have kpro? Any kpro would work just run a k20a2 kal. Now I read that you might fall out of vtec when your at wot because of the longer gearing in the ep3 trans but that is something that you can calibrate in kpro. It's a cool mod especially if down the road you wanna swap out the bottom end and put the a2 head on a k20 or k24 bottom end.

You need either Kpro or the type S ecu and to run the stock ecu you will have to get the immobilizer changed at the dealer. everything else fits.

You will also need a K20A2 oil pump to go higher RPM than stock, as someone stated.

Thread Information