Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Another EMUSA turbo build, this time in the 808!

So here we go kiddies, one nother EMUSA build. I am an EP3 noob, only had my ride for about a year and a half.....it has changed ma life.

Big ups to AKEP's sticky, Ephatch, all the other kiddies who boosted and lived to tell about it, and NewBrazza. He's hand fed me info and after peeping his build thread made me pull the trigger to boost! Check his thread it's dope, this one will be similar hopefully hitting some of the things his did and didn't. Being a newb I had all the same old questions, and some that were only answered by badgering people and hours and hours of research, and still need to know more! So hopefully this will help some of you.

Here it is......Finally after the post office lost it then found it......the box!

Let's get this party started

Everything came packaged nice, it seems that I have all my parts and they are correct, I feel blessed...

Waste gate feels nice not to cheap, next up the oil feed line.

Type RS Blow off Valve, though it was suppose to be an HKS knock off, but it still fits the already welded flange.

As some I think has said before definitely needs to be cleaned up

Intercooler was nicely packaged, not banged up, and I got my mounting brackets. eeeeeeeyeeeeaaaahhhh

The mani was boxed nice as well, looks pretty good too.

Now, the down pipe welds, look nice, I got the shop ready have to modify the down pipe to a three bolt flange and cut it to fit, also have a custom 2.5" being made for it as well, for now, after a bit I will go TKeller 3 inch all the way through......

Intercooler piping was all there with the correct fittings as well!

The return line, I am going to tap my pan, but the fitting they give is aluminum, so maybe honda bond and some JB? Or a steel fitting welded.

And of course the Snail, well packaged to I might add..........

Coupler for the TB 2.5" to 3" EMUSA Special, doesn't come with the kit.

VMS Manifold block, not necessary but looks good and hopefully will help keep the vac lines clean...

And some other goodies, MAC solenoid (which I think I have the install down!), Down pipe from Ebay (Newbrazza, After I ordered it I realized it was just like yours doh! So I am sure I will have to trim it.) And glow shift specials, with the pillar kit they assured fit the Ep3...Sike! Got a universal on the way..

For the fuel set up. Deatchwerks 600cc injectors, and 65c fuel pump. (maybe I'm lazy but I like the plug-n-play)

And the scragglers, the tp8, oil restrictor(not shown) which I am not exactly sure where to hook it up!, and Banjo bolt..just in case.

And..the engine bay, before we go to work on it..........RBC taking up so much room!(Fujita short ram, DIY JDM wrinkle paint valve, on the downside greedy cat back exhaust TIC, and Tein suspension with exedy stage one)

That's just about everything you need, except of course Kpro, which is already behind my glove box, some heat wrap, vac hose, and I got some chrome zips for the heat wrap etc. Oh and I will also be going to ACE to get my zinc metric bolts as apposed to what comes with the kit. I am hoping to prep and start the build tomorrow, wish me luck, I am hoping to be diligent enough to take pictures of everything, and especially the things I had a lot of questions about, being a newb and all. If I am missing something to start please to all you OG's let me know, hopefully this will be as helpful as AKEP's and Newbrazza's post were to me.

Good luck! I'm sure more and more people consider this kit everytime a build like this is done.

wow looking good like the pics u took and how clean everything is going so far.

Thanks guys, I actually love this whole process. I got started a little late today, but hey what's a good build if it doesn't keep you up all night! I got everything prepped and removed. I'll post some pics tomorrow. And hopefully if all goes to plan I'll be doing install and engine bay clean up tomorrow! Shoots!

Okay, after a few day, a lot of learning, some busted knuckles, and just plain fun, I feel like I am almost there! I wanted to post as I was going but late nights, and a fervent desire to complete has kept me lax on my post. ( as I am sure a lot of you already know)

I will say though this had been a lot of fun, even in the exhausting moments!

Show time!
    Might as well do some clean up while the wheels are off and it's up

I popped the header. (Which was surprisingly easier than I thought.) It may have been the easiest part.

Then the bumper, I suggest getting some extra bumper clips.

Trying to stay organized.

Exhaust and Headers

Oil pressure sensor

Dropping the subframe to get the oil pan out.

Oil pan out.

Time for some heat wrap

Waste Gate and turbo.

Oil feed and return. The bolt you see are the ones you loosing to clock the turbo.

Since I'm a newb and learning I clocked the turbo up.

Oil pan tapped. It's aluminum so you can't weld it. Couldn't find a steel here on Maui, so I made it work.

T fitting with the tp8 for my oil pressure sensor, gauge, and oil feed. Need to have the tp8 though for the correct thread.

Turbo mounted, and I will say doing this alone was hard. And I should have removed the valve cover.

Intercooler...this was probably the most challenging, 1 because I got a couple wrong pieces, and 2 I thought it would be the easiest.

Another shot of the oil pan, and my fuel set up. the only mod the 65c needed was a couple clips cut off, that was it. Just make sure you put your O rings in right!

Boosted!
    I am going in the morning to get my mid pipe done. I'll post more pics, once it's done and give my 2 cents, on the EMUSA kit and being boosted!!

Wow that's great man. Looked easy.

Came together quick!

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Did u even change the clutch during all this? Doubt the stocker gona hold or not hold for long

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    Did u even change the clutch during all this? Doubt the stocker gona hold or not hold for long
    Yeah, I have an exedy stage 1, we'll see how long that last. My engagement bearing is going out I can start to hear it, so when I drop the tranny to replace that I'll throw something else in...

Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    Wow that's great man. Looked easy.
    Man,I had some little snags that took a few hours each, like my stock injectors breaking at the end and falling into the mani. Had to pull it , which isn't too hard but time consuming. Trying to get the intercooler just right, took forever, and I didn't get the right 90 coupler so I had make my own. I didn't put the fuel filter O rings in just right so my fuel pressure sucked! Ha it's the little things, lol. But over all considering what it was, it was actually not bad. Thanks for checking the build out though!

Quote Originally Posted by tlikethedrink View Post
    Came together quick!
    Yeah owning my own biz helped, so that I could put a in few 16 hours days, and wife who understands the obsession! It took about 5 days, with a couple 16 hour marathons going in! Now it will be e tuning next, there's no dyno or tuner on maui..... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ep808 View Post
    Yeah, I have an exedy stage 1, we'll see how long that last. My engagement bearing is going out I can start to hear it, so when I drop the tranny to replace that I'll throw something else in...
    Isn't exes stage 1 rated as a stock replacement? U gona make to much powa for that dinky thing !

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    Isn't exes stage 1 rated as a stock replacement? U gona make to much powa for that dinky thing !
    I hope so! Stage 4 here I come!

Lol.. now ur getting carried away haha

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information