Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gaining Caster

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    The dc5r LCAs are lighter as well. when you put them next to each other its hard to believe they don't give more.

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    The dc5r LCAs are lighter as well. when you put them next to each other its hard to believe they don't give more.

OK the DC5R LCA's most likely would have gave me better alignment specs. Running out of tie rod end was an issue, I would need shorter tie rods(Todd's) or the wider track of the dc5r lca's would have gave me the longer distance to tie rod, and made up the difference with the too long stock tie rods. Here is my caster results:
    3.5 caster
    fr camber -0.6
    fr tow out 1/32
    r camber -0.2
    r toe 0
    That caster increase feels great tho... very responsive steering and fast re-centering of steering wheel... the wheel like whips back. Straight line tracking and stability at speed has improved also, no more torque steer...
    I would have liked to get closer to 5*
    And I have seen that there is an aftermarket fr sway bar for the dc5r that fits under the header but only fits dc5r lca's.
    DC5R Swift Fr Sway bar TS103-001

...and that sway with dc5r lca's would fix my k24 RH front sway fitment issue. Now I gotta find dc5r lca's

OG Lurker
    i have a DC5R front sway fs if you are interested. Upgraded for a cusco so I no longer need mine.

Sooo I might put in a toggle switch to my EPS. Over 70mph the car isnt "shaky", or "twitchy" but turning the wheel the tinyiest amount causes a huge turn, sometimes it just looks like I'm drunk and swerving. -2.6 deg camber. Anyone done this?

I'm running the Todd's V2 plates, DC5R LCAs and they all work well together. Almost 6* caster and the car feels amazing. Need to put on my new wheels for a fine tuned alignment and I'll post the spec sheet/pics.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information