Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gaining Caster

Gaining Caster

Hi, I want to gain some more caster in the front to help with the straight line stability of my ep. 2 questions, will roll center adjusters help with stability? and do DC5 caster plates (like Todds caster plates) fit the EP? I have adjustable camber so I would keep them at max caster and just adjust camber on my coils.

These will help you gain front caster:

http://www.kseriesparts.com/cr/PJM-PWSTA-DC5-SPH.html

Also, I personally have the Todd's Caster plates installed on my EP. They are direct fit. RSX and EP3 share about 99.1% same suspension with some super minor differences.

Thanks! Would you say the bearings or the plates help more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They help but they also squeak like hell and are a pain in the damn ass to install.

These are a better option which I am planning.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Supe...w=1440&bih=771

Also to my knowledge the DC5R LCAs also increase caster slightly. And yes, so do the roll center adjusters slightly, but none are a better option than the bushings.

Quote Originally Posted by eloc49 View Post
    Thanks! Would you say the bearings or the plates help more?

You get much more caster from the plates but I can guarantee you your oem bushings are crap by now and are causing alignment distortion. Do both! And subframe washers and R lcas!

CaptainGamez, huh, I've never considered poly offset bushings. Have you had any experience with them? Longevity?

Quote Originally Posted by captaingamez View Post
    They help but they also squeak like hell and are a pain in the damn ass to install.

These are a better option which I am planning.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Supe...w=1440&bih=771

Also to my knowledge the DC5R LCAs also increase caster slightly. And yes, so do the roll center adjusters slightly, but none are a better option than the bushings.
    If you contact PCI (Pro Car Innovations), they will remove your old bushings and install the new ones for only $50.00 plus shipping both ways.

I have poly normal ES bushings in my EP3 for over 100k now and they are still solid as hell. I checked them when I did my 5 lug and I could not for the life of me move the LCA in any other directions. so I would say longevity is good, they are coming up on surpassing the life of the OEM ones I pulled out.

The Super Pro kit has really good reviews, and its backed by lifetime warranty, people ocer on the DC5 ITR forum seem to like it. But I have only run ES in the past, I wish that ES made a caster increase kit, but ES does sell and back the Super Pro kit on their website so......

I forgot abut the subframe spacers!! That works too.

And for the record, the PCI is an awesome kit, but it is just rather noisy being hard spherical and all, I actually do have experience with it in my friends FG track car, and its a great kit, but I wouldnt run it on a street car.

Good to know, think I'll go the poly route for the sake of my brother. I'm more concerned with the rear bushings, anyway.

The non caster Energy suspension ones are insanely easy to install once you get the old ones out, they pop right in when they are greased enough. The Super Pro ones would be a bit more of a pain I imagine, since they have a steel race around the compliance bushing.

USAF EP3, Do you have any issue with your Todd's plates moving after being put in position? I was reading SHG EasyE's build thread and he resurfaced his so they wouldn't do it, I am looking to get a set of these in the future so I'm curious. I wish they would start making them again.

I'm thinking I'm gonna try the kaport caster/camber plates. Am I right that I can just take the pillow ball upper mount off my Megan coils and put the kaport one on. How hard is the install?

I have the pci spherical in my r lca's. The ride has hardly changed and there is no noise. I've got 4k miles on em now. Id highly recommend them.

Powers, drive them in the rain and put 10k on them, they will get noisy. Jamie's sounds like a pack of angry rats going down the road, the bearings get dry over time and what PCI needs to do is install a grease fitting so that the sphericals can be injected with grease to make them quiet and not wear.

As I said they are a great kit, but they also transmit more vibration to the chassis. For me I would only do them on a race/track car.

one of my big plans for my car this year is to get the DC5 aluminium LCAs and put the Super Pro bushings in them. Should make for a good handling improvement. I am gonna space my subframe a wee bit too.

wouldnt spacing the subframe stretch the upper motor mounts slightly though?

Quote Originally Posted by captaingamez View Post
    The non caster Energy suspension ones are insanely easy to install once you get the old ones out, they pop right in when they are greased enough. The Super Pro ones would be a bit more of a pain I imagine, since they have a steel race around the compliance bushing.

USAF EP3, Do you have any issue with your Todd's plates moving after being put in position? I was reading SHG EasyE's build thread and he resurfaced his so they wouldn't do it, I am looking to get a set of these in the future so I'm curious. I wish they would start making them again.
    That was a problem with the V1's because they were adjustable Castor AND Camber.

I own the V2's which he designed with the castor at full tilt positive and not adjustable but retains full camber adjustment.

The underlying problem was before he only had 2 M6 bolts holding the camber adjustments and the newer plates have 3 M6 bolts. I was lucky enough to catch the last wave of his castor plates it's been almost a year now since I put in my down payment.

Oh I see.

He is still making them right? I think I am going to eventually get a set

I read somewhere the super pro bushings take you from 1.5 to around 4 degrees of caster. Can anyone confirm? That seems too good to be true

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information